Help: All Notes Lost and Gone after updating to Evernote 6.0.5

Ann C.

Idea

I just updated my Evernote account on my Macbook to 6.0.5. 

After the update I logged in with my old account and found that   

all my notes over the past years were completely GONE!!!

I hit the sync button several times but nothing happened.

It treated me as if I was a brand new user. I already sent an e-mail to them, but

I honestly don't know why this happened and if I'm able to get my notes back. 

This is really frustrating. I am hoping there is a way. 

Has anyone ever had this happen to you? 

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Don't panic.

1. Syncing repeatedly if you think you lost some notes is exactly the wrong thing to do - all you might be doing is sending the 'empty' screen that you see to Evernote as the latest version.  
  2. Use a web browser and sign in to Evernote.com to see if your notes are still safe online.  Your only original problem was probably with the database stored on your computer.
  3. Try restarting your system and log in to the desktop version again - I believe there's some database reindexing to do,  so it might need a bit of patience before the actual notes show up...
  • Level 5*

You said that "I logged in with my old account".  Is it possible that you have two different Evernote accounts?

Best thing to do is to login to the EN Web client at Evernote.com and see if your Notes are there.

If you might have multiple accounts, try logging out of the EN Web client and logging in with other account email.

With EN Mac Ver 6.0.5, your Notes should appear shortly after you upgrade, no more than 1 hour.  The database reindexing might take a while, but you should see some Notes almost immediately.  If no Notes appear, then most likely you have signed in with a different account.

You said that "I logged in with my old account".  Is it possible that you have two different Evernote accounts?

Best thing to do is to login to the EN Web client at Evernote.com and see if your Notes are there.

If you might have multiple accounts, try logging out of the EN Web client and logging in with other account email.

With EN Mac Ver 6.0.5, your Notes should appear shortly after you upgrade, no more than 1 hour.  The database reindexing might take a while, but you should see some Notes almost immediately.  If no Notes appear, then most likely you have signed in with a different account.

Hey Michael,

Thanks for your help! It turned out that I did sign in with a different account, strange, because I did not remember signing up for another one. 

All my notes are still intact, thank goodness. Thank you again! 

Archived