Left Pane maximized in 5.8.1.6061

DeezHemi

When the Left Pane is visible, it takes up the whole screen and I can't see any notes. If I toggle it to be hidden, I can see my notes again. I like to use the Left Pane, but I can't find any way to make the Left Pane smaller so that I can still use my notes. Any suggestions?

Screen shots attached. First is when the Left Pane is visible. The second is when it's hidden.

post-246948-0-45172200-1422370762_thumb.

post-246948-0-93873700-1422370800_thumb.

• Level 5*

I don't know how you got into that state, but you can try the following, if you're comfortable editing the registry:

• Completely exit Everrnote using File / Quit.
  • Bring up the registry editor
  • Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Evernote\Evernote
  • Look for the value "LeftPaneWidth", and set it to something like 200 decimal
  • Restart Evernote

I haven't tried it, but theoretically, it should work. I'd be curious to know what the value is *before* you edited it...

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I've already tried playing around with that registry setting. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to help at all. I've also uninstalled Evernote, deleted the whole Evernote registry key from HKCU as well as the files in AppData before reinstalling in case it was some wierd setting. That didn't seem to work either, but maybe I missed a setting or file. I'll dig in some more to see if there is something else I should purge after an uninstall to get it to reset.

Archived