Feature Request : Search Bar - Auto Tag Complete

yavin

Maybe there is an option or this is in the roadmap already but when doing a search via the search bar in Windows I would love to see tags auto-complete. I know this can be done with doing a tag search but it is cumbersome switching between both elements when doing a complex search. The search bar already suggests saved searches as you type but unless you know a tag intimately I will find myself not being able to recall if I had created a tag called "tax" or "taxes" previously unless my search brings back no results. 

• Level 5*

I would like to see this feature in both EN Win and EN Mac.

Autocomplete of Tags is huge -- extremely helpful in assigning tags and filtering tags.

As @yavin stated, would also be most helpful if it would work in the Search box, as soon as the user types "tag:" and any characters following it.

• Level 5*

Maybe there is an option or this is in the roadmap already but when doing a search via the search bar in Windows I would love to see tags auto-complete. I know this can be done with doing a tag search but it is cumbersome switching between both elements when doing a complex search. The search bar already suggests saved searches as you type but unless you know a tag intimately I will find myself not being able to recall if I had created a tag called "tax" or "taxes" previously unless my search brings back no results. 

Suggest that you check out the filter control (notebook and tags) that appears directly over the note list.Tap on the "tag" icon on the right-hand side, and you get a dropdown tag selector that does auto-complete. Select one, and you get another dropdown that appears to filter out tags that don't apply (since they don't appear in combination with any prior tags used). If you're doing simple filtering of tags/notebook, you can do it all right there.

Suggest that you check out the filter control (notebook and tags) that appears directly over the note list.Tap on the "tag" icon on the right-hand side, and you get a dropdown tag selector that does auto-complete. Select one, and you get another dropdown that appears to filter out tags that don't apply (since they don't appear in combination with any prior tags used). If you're doing simple filtering of tags/notebook, you can do it all right there.

Yep, aware of that option but as I stated I would like to see the auto-complete feature work in the search bar so complex filter and searches cab be combined into single statements as described in JMichael's response. If you do a lot of searching in google search or gmail with this same feature it quickly proves to be an immensely valuable.

• Level 5*

Sure -- not everyone is aware of the feature, and right now it's the only way to get something resembling the desired behavior, so I figured I'd mention it. BTW, you still can use this feature in conjunction with other types of search, you just need to do any notebook or tags first, then add in the other stuff on the other search control. A little awkward to jump back and forth, I do understand.

• 7 months later...

I would really like this feature as well. I am glad to have learned about the tag search feature that "Evernote Plant" wrote about, but I would find it more intutive to have this feature from the notes search box when I type starting the search with "tag:"

Peter

Archived