Hi All

I'd like to use Evernote for my coaching work. After a coching session I write up my notes into the customer notebook.

When I write a name of a person or company my coachee addressed I'd like to tag the name (in the text).

Over time it would be very useful when I'd have a list of tags, could select one and get a summary of all text sections where that name was tagged.

Searching after a name would not be helpful since I'd like to use it withhin a session and there it must be quick to be able to select form a list of tagged names.

Also it would be nice to have alle names appear in a list, would jog my memory.

Does anyboday have an idea how to achieve this?

Thanks for your help.

Martin

• Level 5*

Hi.

Evernote tags are note-level,  not text level,  and I assume that a search for just the name (e.g. "Martin") could eventually cause multiple hits in multiple client companies for the various people you've coached. Do you assign any other codes to individuals,  such as account numbers?  If you used that as well as the name you could confidently search for notes containing individuals.  Otherwise your only other choice (AFAIK) would be to maintain a note containing a list of all your coachee names and assign them a unique alias - so Martin would be Martin1,  another Martin would be Martin2 etc.

Hope that helps...

Hi.

Evernote tags are note-level,  not text level,  and I assume that a search for just the name (e.g. "Martin") could eventually cause multiple hits in multiple client companies for the various people you've coached. Do you assign any other codes to individuals,  such as account numbers?  If you used that as well as the name you could confidently search for notes containing individuals.  Otherwise your only other choice (AFAIK) would be to maintain a note containing a list of all your coachee names and assign them a unique alias - so Martin would be Martin1,  another Martin would be Martin2 etc.

Hope that helps...

Hi

Thanks for youre reply. I will have to look into another software solution then.

Cheers, Martin

• Level 5*

When I write a name of a person or company my coachee addressed I'd like to tag the name (in the text).

Over time it would be very useful when I'd have a list of tags, could select one and get a summary of all text sections where that name was tagged.

Tags apply to the entire Note.  You cannot tag or link to sections of text within a Note.

For Tags that provide a reference to people, I use a prefix for all Tag names of "PEO." and then FirstnameLastinitial.

For example:  PEO.MartinK

Of course you can use any naming convention that works for you to identify the person, but I like Firstname and Last initial because often last names are hard to spell and remember.

So, when you go to assign a tag for a person, just type "peo." and Evernote will show a dropdown list of all Tags that begin with "peo.", making it easy to select the one you want.  Works the same with the Tag filter.

Archived