r1mson

Templates (copy a note)

Idea

I need copy some notes as a template. How can I do this? I have not found any action in a note to copy.

17 replies to this idea

I need copy some notes as a template. How can I do this? I have not found any action in a note to copy.

Hello, 

We do not currently support templates, but will make note of it was a feature request.  You will have to manually select all and copy. Thank you for the feedback. 

Nancy 

Thanks. But in that way I have to open a new window (1) and to copy a title (2) and a bofy (3). It's inconvenient.

I gotta say that the "Copy Note..." functionality in the Windows client (and maybe others) is a big time-saver for me. 

• Like 2

I've posted it somewhere else in these forums, but if it is a note format I am going to use often (for me a phone call template), I like exporting the note in ENEX format to the desktop and then whenever i double click it  I get a copy of the note (template) in my default notebook.  Rudimentary template for sure, but quick.

• Like 1

I've posted it somewhere else in these forums, but if it is a note format I am going to use often (for me a phone call template), I like exporting the note in ENEX format to the desktop and then whenever i double click it  I get a copy of the note (template) in my default notebook.  Rudimentary template for sure, but quick.

But I'm sure this works only with the desktop version of Evernote, right?

It would be great to have native template support across all Evernote's versions.

Yup.  I have to copy/paste if on an IOS device, don't use the web version much.

I would also like to request this feature for the beta web version (as well as the non-beta web version; there are multiple requests for it, including this one).

Fortunately, it is present in the Android version as well as the desktop.

But it is sorely needed in the web version.

How hard could it be to implement? I keep clicking the share icon, wishing that some developer will have snuck in the option to "share" a copy of the note.

+1 for this. I have several standard checklists I use over and over for different projects, which it's very handy to be able to copy.

Thanks again, everyone!  Feedback is noted. We'll see what we can do. :) 

- Nancy 

• Like 1

+1. This indeed very annoying. What I do is that I duplicate the note in my iphone, go back to Windows Evernote, wait for sync and start using the copy when it is there, except if I do not have my iphone near ... Thanks !

Any chance this (a copy note feature) will get implemented in the Web version?  It is so frustrating to not have it.  

Like other commenters, I have some templates for types of notes I use regularly, would be so handy to just grab on and copy it instead of opening, copying, opening next note, pasting....

• Like 1

No word from Evernote, but it would help if you add your vote; voting buttons in the top left corner of the discussion

Good idea, done!

22 hours ago, DTLow said:

No word from Evernote, but it would help if you add your vote; voting buttons in the top left corner of the discussion

I copied the template on my iphone. After sync I opened the new note on the web. This does not solve the problem but it's  a temporary solution for me...

Being able to copy a note in the web version would be a big help.  I use templates to create notes for tracking membership issues, but under Linux it is awkward compared to the native Windows client.