Setting Default Font & Background Colour

AtifHussain

Idea

Hello,

I was just messing around for changing the default font on Evernote v6.0.5 on Yosemite. I clicked on preferences then the formatting tab & then on the note text bar. I was successful in setting it but then I found a new option. The option to change the colour of the font & I guess the background too.

The problem is that when I selected the colour of my choice there's no effect whatsoever. I've tried restarting my Mac, restarting evernote but nothing happens & the colours go back to normal after I reopen evernote again. Please check the images attached.

Hope you guys could give a solution. I really want to change the BG & font colur.

Thanks

post-226269-0-79932500-1422122718_thumb.

post-226269-0-81081700-1422122724_thumb.

post-226269-0-93419300-1422122731_thumb.

11 replies to this idea

This is so annoying!  I want my default font to be another color, but I have to select it and change it on every note?  And even if I do that, when I start a new section on the note it goes back to black!  :(   I LOVE evernote and tell everyone how great it is, but this is seriously limiting my love. 

9 hours ago, Christina99 said:

This is so annoying!  I want my default font to be another color, but I have to select it and change it on every note?  And even if I do that, when I start a new section on the note it goes back to black!  :(   I LOVE evernote and tell everyone how great it is, but this is seriously limiting my love. 

Indeed Christina, it is not only annoying but also not to understand why such a simple thing that can help so much is not given any attention.

In the "formatting" settings in "preferences' you can set this, but when creating a new note it is ignored.

Really Evernote, you do great things, but how hard can this be??

I think this request is on a continuum with the request by developers for a dark background. (see:

A single set of functionality, completed in a SINGLE, SHORT SPRINT, could address the needs of both user groups (see functionality user requirements below):

My particular use case:

I am a writer - fiction / non-fiction / blog.

I use Evernote PREMIUM on Mac desktop, Firefox browser, iPad, & iPhone. 

I want to maximize my Evernote usage by creating folders of drafts and notes to aid in composing my novels (in addition to multiple research clippings). 

HOWEVER, I cannot use a program with a white background for any sustained period of time (migraine triggers).  Evernote's current default WHITE screen prevents me from being able to use this program as I would like.

FUNCTIONALITY REQUEST:

0- Create a 'composition mode' default setting which includes the following:
1- Choose a default 'composition mode' background color from the color picker.
2- Choose a default 'composition mode' text color from the color picker.
3- Designate a 'composition mode' font choice that does not affect fonts of clipped articles or documents.
4- Designate a 'composition mode' font size (that is different from default print size) for view and compose actions.
4b- And/OR designate a screen view that allows a percentage magnification of active notes.

EXTRA:
** - Have a choice of skins for the app as a whole - particularly when using non-web desktop version.  Example programs are Scrivener; Gmail. I'm sure there are others.

Thank you for your consideration.

• Request: Similar to being able to select a default font style and size, I want to create a default font color. 
  • Motivation: The bright white font in dark mode hurts my eyes. I prefer to grey it a couple notches. 
  • Workaround: Change it in each note as you go with CMD-SHIFT-C
  • Bonus: Ability to set default font colors for html links and hyperlinks to other notes. 

Archived