AtifHussain

Setting Default Font & Background Colour

Idea

Hello,

I was just messing around for changing the default font on Evernote v6.0.5 on Yosemite. I clicked on preferences then the formatting tab & then on the note text bar. I was successful in setting it but then I found a new option. The option to change the colour of the font & I guess the background too.

The problem is that when I selected the colour of my choice there's no effect whatsoever. I've tried restarting my Mac, restarting evernote but nothing happens & the colours go back to normal after I reopen evernote again. Please check the images attached.

Hope you guys could give a solution. I really want to change the BG & font colur.

Thanks

post-226269-0-79932500-1422122718_thumb.

post-226269-0-81081700-1422122724_thumb.

post-226269-0-93419300-1422122731_thumb.

• Like 3

11 replies to this idea

I second this as well. All attempts at jigging the ordinary settings fail, even when the background icon appears and its color modified (to light green in my case)

This is so annoying!  I want my default font to be another color, but I have to select it and change it on every note?  And even if I do that, when I start a new section on the note it goes back to black!  :(   I LOVE evernote and tell everyone how great it is, but this is seriously limiting my love. 

*BUMP* 

Requesting that default font color change be available.

Ironically, I like the grey/tungsten default color that I'm using as a type this. Can't this be a default option in Evernote for MacOS? Please?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Christina99 said:

This is so annoying!  I want my default font to be another color, but I have to select it and change it on every note?  And even if I do that, when I start a new section on the note it goes back to black!  :(   I LOVE evernote and tell everyone how great it is, but this is seriously limiting my love. 

Indeed Christina, it is not only annoying but also not to understand why such a simple thing that can help so much is not given any attention.

In the "formatting" settings in "preferences' you can set this, but when creating a new note it is ignored.

Really Evernote, you do great things, but how hard can this be??

Hey guys, please don't second this request – press that vote button on the upper left hand corner of the posting!

I think this request is on a continuum with the request by developers for a dark background. (see:

A single set of functionality, completed in a SINGLE, SHORT SPRINT, could address the needs of both user groups (see functionality user requirements below):

My particular use case:

I am a writer - fiction / non-fiction / blog.

I use Evernote PREMIUM on Mac desktop, Firefox browser, iPad, & iPhone. 

I want to maximize my Evernote usage by creating folders of drafts and notes to aid in composing my novels (in addition to multiple research clippings). 

HOWEVER, I cannot use a program with a white background for any sustained period of time (migraine triggers).  Evernote's current default WHITE screen prevents me from being able to use this program as I would like.

FUNCTIONALITY REQUEST:

0- Create a 'composition mode' default setting which includes the following:
1- Choose a default 'composition mode' background color from the color picker.
2- Choose a default 'composition mode' text color from the color picker.
3- Designate a 'composition mode' font choice that does not affect fonts of clipped articles or documents.
4- Designate a 'composition mode' font size (that is different from default print size) for view and compose actions.
4b- And/OR designate a screen view that allows a percentage magnification of active notes.

EXTRA:
** - Have a choice of skins for the app as a whole - particularly when using non-web desktop version.  Example programs are Scrivener; Gmail. I'm sure there are others.

Thank you for your consideration.

I second this request.

IMO this is a very old topic that keeps on coming back : one can set the default font color, but it has no effect.

How hard can it be to fix this?

• Like 1

• Request: Similar to being able to select a default font style and size, I want to create a default font color. 
  • Motivation: The bright white font in dark mode hurts my eyes. I prefer to grey it a couple notches. 
  • Workaround: Change it in each note as you go with CMD-SHIFT-C
  • Bonus: Ability to set default font colors for html links and hyperlinks to other notes. 

• Like 1

Hi, I know it's not an ideal solution, but I created a note with colored text and published it on my Postach.io blog so that anyone can copy/paste colored text to use in their own notes.  Admittedly it will be a pretty slow and laborious process, but maybe someone will find it worth it?:

Colored text template note

• Like 1