Delete my evernote account

Hey

I'm not sure why do I have to start a thread for such a simple task. I want to delete my account, not deactivate it. I cannot find an email address to reach out to Evernote. I read online that I need to email them, in order to completely remove my stuff off their database.

Please help. Thanks.

-Raghav A.

Completely deleting requires contacting support.... No way to do it alone...

I also suggest changing your email first...

Follow the link gazumped gave you.. And read all of it carefully if you want account completely deleted...

There is a step by step guide there.

Hi.  If you don't know how to do something,  it's usually quite effective to raise a query in a discussion forum like this.  Deleting your account data for instance is entirely in your hands - -https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23403793

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not talking about deleting my "account data", Im talking about deleting my "account". When I go to step 4 - To contact Evernote to delete the account, and click on the subsequent link titled "Customer support", it just redirects to the help center's main page. My original question was that is there an email perhaps where I can write to them to close my account, or is there an online form or something to reach out to them.

This begs the obvious question that Evernote is going out of their way to make it hard for people to get their credentials (such as email) off their database. Just like Facebook. Deleting an account should be simple. In this case however, deactivation is simple, not deletion.

Follow the link gazumped gave you.. And read all of it carefully if you want account completely deleted...

Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by changing my email address? Also, I'm following that guide but the link to customer support doesn't work, as stated in the previous post.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by changing my email address? Also, I'm following that guide but the link to customer support doesn't work, as stated in the previous post.

Ref: Email Adress

If you want to use the email of your de-activated acount on a new account you have to re-activate it.... and change the email adress... The de-activate again...

Also there is some possible technical issues if you delete the account with your main e-mail address if you want to use it later... Talking from personal experience..

Evernote 'earmarks' the email address to each account... So you cant use it again on a new account...

If you delete your account, it may 'free' the email adress...  So you can use it again later on a new account... But trust me when I say, just making a new gmail address and changing it before hand may alleviate some headaches...

Ref: Account Deletion

Go here:

https://evernote.com/contact/support/

Click: Contact us for support

Then: Fill out forms... And Submit a support ticket... They will email you back... For free users may take more time...

Further consideration IMPORTANT: IF YOU CHANGE EMAIL ADRESS YOU NEED TO CONTACT SUPPORT FROM THE NEW EMAIL ADRESS IN ORDER TO GET THE ACCOUNT DELETED

About Deleting your account, especially for Free users being laborious... and counterintuitive... I agree... 

• Level 5*

Hi again.  If you're a free user,  then the only credentials you have saved in the account are your user name and the account address.  Although I posted the 'official' instructions earlier,  it seems to me that all you need to do to clean your data off the system is - 

1. As suggested by @lykoz change your email address online via this page - https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action
    - Use any address you like,  or make one up.  Evernote then have no records of your email address.
  2. Export your notes if you wish to keep them - then delete all the notes in Evernote Web.
    - this will ripple down through any device connected to and syncing with that account,  removing notes (if any) stored on mobiles and desktops.

The only information Evernote then have concerning your account is the user name.  If you wish that removed,  submit your request by choosing "login/account access issue" in the first dropdown after logging into this link > https://evernote.com/contact/support/

You'll get an immediate ticket number to confirm your request is in a queue.  Within a week or so you should have confirmation that all your information has been deleted from their servers.

Archived