Web Client Beta Release Notes 1/21/2015

nanphan

Idea

Hey everyone!

We're busy working on some more features for the Web Client, so this week's release was a bit light. Let us know if you find any new issues / bugs. 

Forum Reported Bug Fix

• FF30: Editing toolbar shows up when selecting checkbox

Other Minor Fixes

• Tooltips
  • Insert URL/Hyperlink improvements for IE
  • Work Chat notification improvements

Thanks to everyone giving us feedback and reporting issues.

Nancy 

8 replies to this idea

still no keyboard functionality? I can't use the beta and test it for accessibility until that's implemented, but I will give this week's release a shot, maybe a bug was fixed that I need fixed. As it stands, when I go to find a notebook, the page somehow refreshes and shoots me to the top of it. I'll test with a few different screen readers and see if it's just window-eyes. I'm sorry, I don't want to be a nag, I just think that this beta could really work well if accessibility isaddressed right off the bat. 

• Level 5*

Hey Nancy, thanks for keeping the update notices coming. They're really helpful, particularly as the web beta is still a bit of a tossup for daily usage. Definitely appreciated.

I tried the beta back in November and had to revert immediately when I found that it doesn't allow manual sorting of the list of reminders.  I just tried it again and this critical (at least for me) feature still seems to be missing :(.

I hope you will prioritize adding the manual reminder sorting feature which exists on the current (non-Beta) webapp.  And what would be even better is if you went further than the current clients by allowing notes, notebooks, and notebook stacks to all be manually sorted as well.  Since Evernote still does not offer a native Linux client, the web client is all I have.

Thanks for all of your hard work and I'm looking forward to a great new web client sometime in the future!

I tried the beta back in November and had to revert immediately when I found that it doesn't allow manual sorting of the list of reminders.  I just tried it again and this critical (at least for me) feature still seems to be missing :(.

I hope you will prioritize adding the manual reminder sorting feature which exists on the current (non-Beta) webapp.  And what would be even better is if you went further than the current clients by allowing notes, notebooks, and notebook stacks to all be manually sorted as well.  Since Evernote still does not offer a native Linux client, the web client is all I have.

Thanks for all of your hard work and I'm looking forward to a great new web client sometime in the future!

Thank you for your patience! We haven't had any significant updates these past couple of weeks because we're working on some bigger features. We'll let you know when these features are implemented. 

Nancy 

Hi

Can we have some flexibility in the date format on reminders?

I am in the UK and we use the format dd/mm/yyyy but reminders only appear in the web version as mm/dd/yyyy. Unlike in the windows, IOS, and android versions where the date can be set for the locale there is no way of doing this in the web app.

• Level 5*

I certainly hope that you allow users to permanently opt out of the web beta.  The old interface works MUCH better.  Easier to both read and use in a logical manner.

Someday they're going to switch over completely, I'd guess. They're not going to be wanting to support two separate code bases for one platform, At the moment, the web beta isn't ready for prime time, though it's making steady headway.

Hi

Can we have some flexibility in the date format on reminders?

I am in the UK and we use the format dd/mm/yyyy but reminders only appear in the web version as mm/dd/yyyy. Unlike in the windows, IOS, and android versions where the date can be set for the locale there is no way of doing this in the web app.

Hello, this feature has been fixed. You can read more here: 

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/87022-web-client-beta-release-7282015-view-hierarchical-tags-bug-fixes-for-date-format/

Nancy 

Archived