Syncing failed on netbook but ok on kindle and android phone

Pigilene

Hi all,

I'm new to the Evernote community, and Evernote. Ok, I'd appreciate some help as last night I got an error message on my network that 'sync failed' but no reason. Notes written on it are not appearing on my kindle or phone. But notes from both of these devices are syncing as normal.

Why won't my netbook sync? Evernote (free version) is up to date and my netbook is a little old but everything was working til last night. It's running Windows 7.

I'd be grateful for some advice.

Thank you

Michelle

• Level 5*

Sorry I missed the 'working fine till last night' bit.  It's worth checking out the link anyways - the checklist is quite detailed and you just need to make sure the right box(es) are unticked.  If this is a one-off failure,  don't worry about it.  Network traffic and low-flying gremlins occasionally stop syncs for a while (hours or maybe a day) and then it starts up again...

Hi,

I followed the link and the instructions. The Use SSL 3.0 was checked so I unchecked, applied, ok'd and restarted and held my breathe.

But nope, it's still not syncing.

When I'm using the nb, I keep getting failure pop ups. It's annoying!

Any other ideas? I really appreciate your help :)

Michelle

• Level 5*

Check and empty your Trash notebook (at the bottom of the list of notebooks) and have a look for a Conflicting Changes notebook,  and deal with any notes that might be in there.  Check on EN Web to see if there are any trash or conflicting items there too.  If you click the Help item in the nb top menu bar,  you should have an Activity log - do a manual sync and see what comes up in the log.  If there's a specific mention of a note or notes,  try creating one or more new notes and copying the contents of the listed one(s) into them.

Dear Gazumped,

Success!!

There were 18 notes in the trash, I couldn't see any conflicting changes notebooks, then online one had 22, again no conflicting changes. So I just deleted all and hit sync.

I got my first reminder and hwy presto all the new notes appeared.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me!

All the best,

Michelle

Archived