How to free up memory with Evernote ios

SteveMcQueen

Idea

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi,

The Evernote app caches data based on your app usage - recently viewed notes, note snippets and thumbnails of images in your notes that were recently displayed in note lists, offline notebooks, reminder note content, shortcut note content.

In order to reclaim some of that space, you can try the following - results will vary based on your app usage:

• Settings > Premium > Offline Notebooks - reduce the notebooks that are downloaded offline
  • Settings > Support > Clear Cache - this will reset your cache, but will not delete offline notebook content, reminder note content, or shortcut note content
  • Settings > Camera > Image size - reducing image size will reduce note size (if you're frequently accessing notes with large images, your cache will grow faster)
  • Settings > Audio > Low size - reducing the audio quality will reduce note size (for the same length recording) 
  • Remove large notes from your shortcuts
  • Remove reminders from large notes

There is currently no setting to limit the storage space the app consumes, but we have internal limits on the thumbnail cache. The rest of based on app usage behavior.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chuck

Thanks for the answer. Clearing cache seems to be the most effective way in my case. I did not know that you have to do that manually.

What exactly do you mean by shortcuts?

The shortcuts are the "stared" notes you might have for quick reference.

You can add them by going in to a note and using the three ... (Dots) on the bottom right or if viewing in cards you can slide the card to review that option.

Archived