Trouble with the search function in 6.0.5

Law School Student

Idea

In older versions, if I used a command f search, and the term I was searching for wasn't present in the particular note I was searching, evernote would automatically search other notes for that term. Now it seems that I can ONLY search for a particular term in the note that I have open, and it is impossible to term search for particular terms within notebooks, or across notebooks. This severely depletes my ability to use the app, and to find terms in my extensive stack of notes.

Or maybe I am just doing this wrong. Does anyone have a solution?

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

In older versions, if I used a command f search, and the term I was searching for wasn't present in the particular note I was searching, evernote would automatically search other notes for that term. Now it seems that I can ONLY search for a particular term in the note that I have open, and it is impossible to term search for particular terms within notebooks, or across notebooks.

. . .

Does anyone have a solution?

AFAIK, EN "Find" (CMD+F) was designed to search ONLY in the active Note.

If you want to search on multiple Notes, use the Search box (shortcut is set in EN Preferences) in the upper right corner of the EN window.

You can search across all Notebooks, or limit to one Notebook or one Stack.

In older versions, if I used a command f search, and the term I was searching for wasn't present in the particular note I was searching, evernote would automatically search other notes for that term. Now it seems that I can ONLY search for a particular term in the note that I have open, and it is impossible to term search for particular terms within notebooks, or across notebooks.

. . .

Does anyone have a solution?

AFAIK, EN "Find" (CMD+F) was designed to search ONLY in the active Note.

If you want to search on multiple Notes, use the Search box (shortcut is set in EN Preferences) in the upper right corner of the EN window.

You can search across all Notebooks, or limit to one Notebook or one Stack.

The problem with that is the search bar in the top right hand corner only comes up for certain notes. I have no idea why there is this discrepancy. I have at least 3 notebooks that, when opened, the search bar in the top right corner disappears. And when I open the other notebooks that do have the search bar and try to add these three notebooks into a search, the program opens those notebooks and will not run a search in them.

• Level 5*

There is a bug in Ver 6.0.5 that causes the Search box to not be shown WHEN the Evernote window is too narrow and you have selected a Notebook with a long name.  This is reported as fixed in Ver 6.0.6 B1, but you can fix by making the Evernote window wider.

The problem with that is the search bar in the top right hand corner only comes up for certain notes. I have no idea why there is this discrepancy. I have at least 3 notebooks that, when opened, the search bar in the top right corner disappears. And when I open the other notebooks that do have the search bar and try to add these three notebooks into a search, the program opens those notebooks and will not run a search in them.

Archived