Monthly upload allowance not resetting

My monthly upload allowance reset on my Evernote web portal (I joined July 20) and I expected my desktop Evernote to reset as well, but even though I clicked on sync and tried emptying my trash to see if that would make a difference, it still isn't resetting. I also shut the program down and restarted it as well as updating the software, but it hasn't helped. I am running it on Windows 7 if that helps. Do I just need to be a little more patient or is there anything else I should try? According to the web portal, it was supposed to reset about 2:30 this morning.

Thanks,

Trudi

• Level 5*

Hi.  Your 'Upload Allowance' can show "0 days left in cycle" for a couple of days before it magically resets at midnight (PST) on the due date.  Give it 24 hours at least - if you need to create more notes,  use a Local Notebook to hold your notes and move them to a synced notebook when you can.

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*

If you get "0 days" for more than a couple of days,  something has clearly gone wrong somewhere.  Make sure you clear the Trash notebook and sync on all devices,  log out of Evernote on all devices,   and restart each one.  A reset should get you an updated display.

OK, now I have a very promising "22 days left in cycle" but with the same "60 MB out of 60 MB (100%)" over it.

The last updated note is always beginning of February.

What else could be done?

In any case, thank you gazumped for your attempt to help me.

• Level 5*

It's possible that your new and edited notes were such that the 60MB was eaten up as soon as it became free.  Check EN Web to be sure you have the correct numbers,  and empty your Trash notebook and fix any 'conflicting changes' notes you might have acquired both on the web and on any local devices.  Then:

• Add a new short test note in EN Web.
  • Log out of and back into Evernote on each device and check the local allowance figure.
  • If you're still at 0 space left you could set up a new local notebook on your desktop device and make that your default notebook.  You'll be able to clip and add notes there until your limit resets again.
  • Or - you could consider going Premium,  even if only for a month or two,  while your uploads are high.
  • You should also obviously look at your notes - are they especially large?  Can you make them smaller?  Save some information (like photographs) somewhere else?

Good luck!

I don't know why and how, but after creating test note on line it was perfectly shared and monthly allowance restored.

Obviously, I've eaten it.

Now I have 19 days left in cycle so we'll see if it returns to work normally.

I'd prefer to solve any problem before adding new variables (premium).

Thank you again.

• 1 year later...

I hope someone at Evernote can help me. Yesterday, I went from a paid account back to Basic. Today, I'm told by the Evernote software that I maxxed out my 60MB limit with 29 days still remaining! I absolutely didn't upload anything close to 60MB. What's going on? I need to use my account. Please help me! Thanks.

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, Dian said:

I hope someone at Evernote can help me. Yesterday, I went from a paid account back to Basic. Today, I'm told by the Evernote software that I maxxed out my 60MB limit with 29 days still remaining! I absolutely didn't upload anything close to 60MB. What's going on? I need to use my account. Please help me! Thanks.

First, log into the Evernote servers at www.evernote.com and verify the upload amount, sometimes the app software doesn't reset immediately.

On 11/18/2016 at 6:15 PM, DTLow said:

First, log into the Evernote servers at www.evernote.com and verify the upload amount, sometimes the app software doesn't reset immediately.

Thank you, DTLow! It worked. The reset took MUCH longer than usual, but it did eventually happen. Relieved.

Have a good day.

On 11/22/2016 at 1:26 PM, Dian said:

Thank you, DTLow! It worked. The reset took MUCH longer than usual, but it did eventually happen. Relieved.

Have a good day.

Well, not so much anymore. Not sure what's going on, but the reset wasn't permanent. BTW, I made no additions to either since my initial note dated 11-18-2016. The web version says " 60 MB (100%) remaining this month", but the desktop version says that the 60MB is all used up. What gives? Why does the web version conflict with the desktop version? Somebody, please help! Thanks.

• Level 5*

Hi.  This time try emptying the Trash notebook.  The Web usage count is the 'gold standard' because the server can tell exactly how much you've uploaded.  Your local PC has an estimate based on the activity it's seen,  and - for some reason - on the amount of data you have in the Trash.  Emptying that out and syncing usually works.

1 hour ago, Dian said:

Well, not so much anymore. Not sure what's going on, but the reset wasn't permanent. BTW, I made no additions to either since my initial note dated 11-18-2016. The web version says " 60 MB (100%) remaining this month", but the desktop version says that the 60MB is all used up. What gives? Why does the web version conflict with the desktop version? Somebody, please help! Thanks.

Update... Okay, now the desktop quota and web quota match, all of a sudden. Just glad I can use the desktop version again.

1 minute ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  This time try emptying the Trash notebook.  The Web usage count is the 'gold standard' because the server can tell exactly how much you've uploaded.  Your local PC has an estimate based on the activity it's seen,  and - for some reason - on the amount of data you have in the Trash.  Emptying that out and syncing usually works.

Hi gazumped, My trash was already empty. But thanks for the tip, I'll remember for the future. Have a good day.

• 1 month later...

ohh! what a nightmare!!, facing the same problem, let me tell u my story first. I am having basic evernote account, using it for few months now, last month i uploaded somewhat more images making the limit to go 59MB and 3 days left in cycle. so, in these days, i did some more of work and it hit the upload limit of 60MB the next day. So, 2 days left in cycle. waited for 2 days, then came the drama of 0 days left in cycle. (what the hell is 0 day??), then ok, i waited one more day, Huh!, next day, again showing the same in desktop that limit hit and 30 days left in cycle. But on web, it shows 60mb left in cycle as it was renewed. So, i followed this thread and tried logging out and in, no success, then someone said, empty the trash and then sync, since i was not having anything in trash, so i deleted one notes and then emptied the trash, again no help. So, what Now?? so i went to web, then deleted one note, and then came to desktop, synced it to get that deleted note in trash on desktop. Now emptied trash, and it worked. Bingo!!! 

• 2 months later...

Archived