Outlook 2013 Add-in

kstender

My Evernote recently updated and I seem to have lost the ability to save emails directly from Outlook to Evernote with the new version. I have read some of the related posts and tried to download the add-in again, but I keep getting an error message since I have a newer version of Evernote. Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Hi kstender, 

We need to know what Windows client version number you are running. 

Typically it can fail to install properly if Outlook is not fully quit when the update installs. This may help:

- Try re-installing the latest Windows Evernote client again (make sure Outlook and IE is completely exited) > Restart system. 

- Make sure you install as 'Administrator'

- After installing please try starting the Evernote Windows client from the start meny as there are mechanisms that trigger add ons when started that way.

Let me know if nothing helps. 

Hi kstender, 

We need to know what Windows client version number you are running. 

Typically it can fail to install properly if Outlook is not fully quit when the update installs. This may help:

- Try re-installing the latest Windows Evernote client again (make sure Outlook and IE is completely exited) > Restart system. 

- Make sure you install as 'Administrator'

- After installing please try starting the Evernote Windows client from the start meny as there are mechanisms that trigger add ons when started that way.

Let me know if nothing helps. 

Hi there,

I tried to reinstall it but had no luck. I am using Microsoft office 10, not 13 like I originally thought and have the Windows XP system installed on my computer. Thank you for your help!

• 4 months later...

Hi,

If you have trouble with the button in Outlook, here is my solution.

Make a .reg file with the following:

Open notepad.exe copy paste from "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00" till the end. (At the bottom you see %USERNAME% > Change this with your Windows username.)

Then save as a file and give it yourself the extention ".reg"

After you saved you "double click" the file and press "yes" 

Some discriptions can be in dutch, but that shouldnt be a problem.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\AccessAddin.DC]
"Description"="Met deze invoegtoepassing kan Microsoft Access worden geïntegreerd met het verzamelen en publiceren van gegevens en worden automatische scenario's mogelijk voor door gebruikers vervaardigde Access-oplossingen"
"FriendlyName"="Outlook-invoegtoepassing voor Microsoft Access voor het verzamelen en publiceren van gegevens"
"LoadBehavior"=dword:00000003
"CommandLineSafe"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\ColleagueImport.ColleagueImportAddin]
"Description"="Met deze invoegtoepassing kan Microsoft SharePoint Server suggesties van collega's importeren op basis van inhoud van Outlook"
"FriendlyName"="Microsoft SharePoint Server-invoegtoepassing voor importeren van suggesties van collega's"
"CommandLineSafe"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\EvernoteCC.EvernoteContactConnector]
"Description"="Evernote Outlook Contact Connector"
"FriendlyName"="Evernote Outlook Contact Connector"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\EvernoteOL.Connect]
"Description"="Evernote Clipper for Microsoft Outlook."
"FriendlyName"="Evernote.Outlook"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\SocialConnector]
"AlertTypes"=""
"RestartsSinceAlerts"=""
"AlertInsertStrings"=""
"PeoplePaneModeExplorer"=dword:00000003
"OnlineProviderList"="{EFDABF9A-7D2C-4be6-A266-872EC6FC63E7}"
"CleanupFolder"="C:\\Users\\%USERNAME%\\AppData\\Local\\Microsoft\\Windows\\Temporary Internet Files\\{A3E4F288-3695-49CC-9E90-FC49113E3207}"
"PeoplePaneModeInspector"=dword:00000003

Sorry for my english! :-)

Good luck,
Kind Regards,
  • 3 weeks later...

Since the update, I can still send individual Outlook emails to Evernote via the  'Save to Evernote' button, but selecting multiple emails ghosts out the button.

The main reason I installed Evernote for Outlook is so I could send multiple emails at a time to a specific notebook that I use for organising my work: being limited to one email at a time is a huge frustration: I want to be able to clear my inbox quickly by sending all task-related stuff to Evernote, and sending each individually has massively increased the number of clicks I need to perform that function: rather than highlighting 10 emails at a time, for example, adding any additional tags relevant to that group, and clicking Send, I now have to repeat the same process 10 times, making it 10 times slower!

Why? And will this be fixed? Or am I just missing something?

By the way, as this is a work computer, I can't use any solutions that involve changing the registry.

Since the update, I can still send individual Outlook emails to Evernote via the  'Save to Evernote' button, but selecting multiple emails ghosts out the button.

The main reason I installed Evernote for Outlook is so I could send multiple emails at a time to a specific notebook that I use for organising my work: being limited to one email at a time is a huge frustration: I want to be able to clear my inbox quickly by sending all task-related stuff to Evernote, and sending each individually has massively increased the number of clicks I need to perform that function: rather than highlighting 10 emails at a time, for example, adding any additional tags relevant to that group, and clicking Send, I now have to repeat the same process 10 times, making it 10 times slower!

Why? And will this be fixed? Or am I just missing something?

By the way, as this is a work computer, I can't use any solutions that involve changing the registry.

Well, my solution was for Terminal Server Users.

Most likely you can run a .reg as a user, if not > Shift + right click, run as administrator or "other" user and ask your system admin?

You can make a back-up of the registry location first, so you can always go back.

You can also try >

Remove Evernote via control panel

and check if the registry's are removed > location "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins"

if evernote still exist, remove it and reinstall evernote?

oo and what office you are using?

Grtz, 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue as Mattoid:  until recently I was able to dump multiple emails from outlook into same tag/notebook combinations at the same time.  This is a valuable feature of my workflow. After one of the recent updates, it seems I can no-longer access this feature, unless I do it one email at a time.  

I have the similar workplace computer limitations (obtaining administrator to play in the registry is likely to be problematic).

Are there other options to achieve this?

Currently using:

Evernote Outlook clipper: v 5.8.8.7837 

MS Outlook 2013 (15.0.4107.1000)  32-bit

Windows 7.0

• Level 5*

I'm having the same issue as Mattoid:  until recently I was able to dump multiple emails from outlook into same tag/notebook combinations at the same time.  This is a valuable feature of my workflow. After one of the recent updates, it seems I can no-longer access this feature, unless I do it one email at a time.  

I have the similar workplace computer limitations (obtaining administrator to play in the registry is likely to be problematic).

Are there other options to achieve this?

Currently using:

Evernote Outlook clipper: v 5.8.8.7837 

MS Outlook 2013 (15.0.4107.1000)  32-bit

Windows 7.0

I did wonder whether there were any other ways to get multiple Outlook emails into Evernote,  but I haven't found one yet - 'printing' multiple mails to PDF forinstance generates one PDF.  Export only goes to RSS / CSV / PST files.  Stepping back to a previous (pre-this-clipper) version of Evernote is slightly risky and a pain to accomplish,  but seems the only option.  Any other thoughts gratefully received.

In specific cases you might be able to use a scripting tool to move multiple emails,  but that's not a general solution.  Or we could just wait for Evernote to come with the next update which might include a fix...

Related to this, when the Outook Clipper opens, the folders are not in alphabetical order. It's almost impossible to find things. Please bring back the old clipper. It was easily 4.7 times easier to use than this version.

• 3 weeks later...

MS did a major update to its MSO 2013 suite this past week. Ever since the update, Outlook has been crashing. Searches suggested I open Outlook in safe mode and remove all addins and reactivate them one by one until I identified which was was causing the problem. I tracked to EN. I am using W7 64bit. I am using the latest version of EN: 5.8.13.8152 (276152) Public. Has anyone else been having this issue since the MSO 2013 update?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Ex Employees

If you're experiencing Outlook Clipper issues, please download Evernote for Outlook.  You can install Evernote for Outlook in the newest versions of Office 365 Mail, Outlook.com, or Outlook 2013 or later. 

Prior to downloading Evernote for Outlook, please follow these instructions to disable the current plugin:

• In Outlook, select: File>Options>Add-Ins
  • On the Add-In's page select "Go" to the right of Manage
  • Uncheck "Evernote Clipper for Microsoft Outlook" and "Evernote Outlook Contact Connector"
  • Select "OK"

Once you've disabled the Outlook Clipper, please download Evernote for Outlook using the links below. 

DL Link: https://store.office.com/evernote-for-outlook-WA104379617.aspx?assetid=WA104379617&productgroup=Outlook&ui=en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB&homprd=Outlook&sourcecorrid=1d33e624-153d-44a9-8b51-0baab5b94732&homappcat=Productivity&homapppos=1&homchv=3

KB Link: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/95392887

• Ex Employees

Sorry, I failed to include my environment parameters.  I am using Windows 7 Enterprise and Outlook 2010.  Is there an option to fix this that does not include upgrading to Outlook 2013?

No worries. This thread is specific to Office 2013. We'll continue to support the current Outlook Clipper for Office 2010 on Windows 7. I'll turn your post into a support ticket and follow up with you directly for further troubleshooting. 

• 3 weeks later...

We just released a slew of bug fixes for the Outlook Clipper in Windows 5.9.0. Please update and let us know if your issue has been fixed for you. 

More info about 5.9.0 available here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/87863-new-evernote-for-windows-590/

(note that batch / multi select email clipping is coming within short but not in this release)

If you're experiencing Outlook Clipper issues, please download Evernote for Outlook.  You can install Evernote for Outlook in the newest versions of Office 365 Mail, Outlook.com, or Outlook 2013 or later. 

Prior to downloading Evernote for Outlook, please follow these instructions to disable the current plugin:

• In Outlook, select: File>Options>Add-Ins
  • On the Add-In's page select "Go" to the right of Manage
  • Uncheck "Evernote Clipper for Microsoft Outlook" and "Evernote Outlook Contact Connector"
  • Select "OK"

Once you've disabled the Outlook Clipper, please download Evernote for Outlook using the links below. 

DL Link: https://store.office.com/evernote-for-outlook-WA104379617.aspx?assetid=WA104379617&productgroup=Outlook&ui=en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB&homprd=Outlook&sourcecorrid=1d33e624-153d-44a9-8b51-0baab5b94732&homappcat=Productivity&homapppos=1&homchv=3

KB Link: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/95392887

Has anyone been able to make this work?  I've tried multiple times on two different systems and user account with the same results.  I select the add button, it tells me I will be directed to my inbox while the app installs and I end up being direct to the store and nothing installs.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem with saving from Outlook - I can't save multiple emails at the same time anymore and haven't been able to do so for at least a couple updates. I miss it and would like it back, but can survive without it. I'm on Win7 pro, 64 bit, EN 5.9.1.8742 (276742) Public, Outlook 2010.

• 1 month later...

We just released a slew of bug fixes for the Outlook Clipper in Windows 5.9.0. Please update and let us know if your issue has been fixed for you. 

More info about 5.9.0 available here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/87863-new-evernote-for-windows-590/

(note that batch / multi select email clipping is coming within short but not in this release)

It is now November - what is the delivery date for re-instating the batch/multi select email clipping? This has been promised since July but still no action. What is it - some political deal with the coders? The source code was deliberately removed with apparent ease. How difficult can it be to add it back? Sounds to me like some personalities are involved here & not for the benefit of the paying customer!

Whoever is trying to force their way of working onto the rest of us - PLEASE give it up!!

Archived