(Archived) Evernote for Android 1.2B2

Philip Constantinou

Hey folks -

We've done another update to the beta. The latest release users Android's notifications to tell you when an upload is complete. Also, we've worked around some problems with the Google Nexus One.

Please let us know if you encounter any problems.

You should receive an auto-update notice if you're using the current version or you can download the latest at:

http://www.evernote.com/about/download/ ... aseAndroid

Thanks! But I've recently found a bigger problem. When creating a new note and selecting "Select tags" the application first freezes and then force closes. I have around 50 tags, that shouldn't be to much. The best would be if the android client let you browse the hierarchal structure.

Android lets you configure your notification settings. From the home screen press: Menu -> Settings -> Sounds & Display. You can disable all notification sounds by enabling "Silent mode". There's a number of other audio configuration options on that screen.

I'm guessing people don't want to turn off their notification sound for everything on the phone. I'd like to be able to turn it off within evernote so I don't get that notification and just get the other phone notifications.

I have no force closes or anything. I have more than 100 tags....I guess you have a long hierarchal structure of your tags, right?

Yes, up to 7 levels. I tried the final 1.2 release on market and now it works without force close. But it's a long list to browse and it would be nice to be able to open and close hierarchal structures.

The latest release users Android's notifications to tell you when an upload is complete.

Please let us know if you encounter any problems.

Yeah, there's a bug. (Using Moto Droid)

True, it gives a notification of "Uploading" (why not Uploaded?) after the send is done, which is fine, I guess, except I wouldn't choose to be notified if I had the choice (which I don't). In general, why do I want to be notified of things I don't need to take any action about? Still that's not a bug, just sub-excellence in design.

The problem is that once you're notified, there is no way to DISMISS the notification. Pulling out the drawer and tapping on the notice should make it go away. But this is not happening.

Additional Feature Request: Notify yes/no, and Sound File to Play (or Silent), should be available in Settings.

I am seconding everything that jeepien said. Once the sync happens the notification remains turned on with no way to dismiss. I would also prefer to be able to shut of notification for Evernote without having to shut off all notifications. I still want to receive notifications for things that need my attention (i.e. email, messages, etc.)

BTW ~ Using Hero.

Thanks for the great app!

Archived