EN 6 not allowing drag & drop of email to note

I just upgraded from 5.5 to 6.0 on the Mac (OS X 10.9). Prior to the upgrade, I was able to drag and drop an email from Mail.app to Evernote, and have it attach to the note as an .eml attachment. At least, I'm 99% sure that I was. When I tried to do this process after the upgrade, I get a link to the email instead...which would be fine, EXCEPT that I might delete the email, because I am supposed to have a copy in.… Evernote.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and does anyone know a workaround? Am I just imagining that I used to do it that way?

• Ex Employees

Hi there! 

This is a bug we are trying to work out. In the mean time, a workaround would be to first drag the email to your desktop, and *then* drag it to Evernote. That should give you the old behavior. The previous poster's suggestion to email it to your Evernote email address would work as well. 

I hope that is helpful for now until we can resolve the bug. 

Thank you Annah; I'm surprised and impressed that an EN staffer would respond. I'm also glad to know I was not imagining that I had previously been able to drag & drop emails successfully. I will employ the workaround as needed.

I am aware of the ability to email into EN; I actually use an Apple Mail plugin called EverMail which accomplishes that with the original .eml attachment being part of the note. However, the reason this came up is that I needed to add an email, as a .eml attachment, to an existing note.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

EN 6.1 and Yosemite 10.10.5 

Still does not work. All other bad workarounds

• print into EN as a pdf
  • drag to desktop and then into EN --> eml is not displayed inline
  • forward email

are not useful for processing lots of emails. Just forwarding 20 emails is extremely cumbersome.

Given that handling and tagging emails is such an essential feature that EN actively advertises (http://www.thesecretweapon.org/emptying-that-inbox),
it is hard to understand why this issue was not fixed now >2 years after it appeared.

--> I hope that EN will fix it soon. Any news when?

Thanks  

Archived