How do I quickly switch back to default font?

allenylzhou

Idea

Often times I would copy and paste a pre-formatted snippet from another website into evernote and when I want to make a few notes on it after pressing newline, I want to use the default font instead of the font from the snippet.

Is there a hot key that I'm not aware of that can help me do this? Or is this a missing feature?

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

When you cut and paste a snippet from a website,  you inevitably include some of the coding that sets the font colours,  styles and layout in the clip.  Typing anywhere near the clip will add more text in whatever local style applies.  It's unlikely (IMHO) that Evernote can do much about that.

The only workaround may be to add your text in a different note and merge the two notes together.

Was searching for this very same thing tonight on Google. Came across this thread...and the "Paste as Text" works great.  And even though I'm not the one who asked the question...thank you!

• Level 5*

Often times I would copy and paste a pre-formatted snippet from another website into evernote and when I want to make a few notes on it after pressing newline, I want to use the default font instead of the font from the snippet.

Is there a hot key that I'm not aware of that can help me do this? Or is this a missing feature?

Using "Simplify Formatting" (CMD-SHIFT-F) might do the trick for you.

Also available from the EN menu Format > Simplify Formatting

If you just click anywhere in the Note but do NOT select any text, it will apply to the entire Note.

If you select some text, then press the shortcut key, it will apply only to the selected text.

• Level 5*

Try this, when you right click in the note select Paste as Text versus Paste.  This should place the text with your default EN font.

"Paste as Text" is not an option that is available in EN Mac as of Ver 6.0.11, either by right-click or via the Edit menu.

The only choices are "Paste" and "Paste and match style".

Archived