chunkit721

Different Colors for Highlighter

Idea

xmasmoneky, thank you for your response. That it's on Evernote Web sounds great, but it's far from convenient. In 8 years of using Evernote, I think I've used the Web version once! There's no excuse for not having it on the desktop app after all these years.

10 minutes ago, Eduardo Estefano said:

I think we will be seeing all the goodies from the web app in the desktop apps soon. 

And possibly "goodies" removed from the desktop apps
Evernote is moving towards a common editor code delivery mechanism

However for this discussion, the most important feature is different colours for the highlighter,1810845201_ScreenShot2020-02-14at8_14_15AM.png.d4b7f3d273dc8882dd3d886afc92fa87.png
and it's currently being tested in the web beta

14 minutes ago, JayCee2013 said:

xmasmoneky, thank you for your response. That it's on Evernote Web sounds great, but it's far from convenient. In 8 years of using Evernote, I think I've used the Web version once! There's no excuse for not having it on the desktop app after all these years.

I hear you.  I have been requesting a feature for 7 years - the ability to clear the date on a reminder - which seems simple (to me), but probably won't be prioritized vs. the re-platforming they are doing.

It is March 17, 2020. I am a premium member. Still don't have access to different color on highlight. Evernote team, are you serious?

18 minutes ago, grok said:

Still don't have access to different color on highlight.

Screenshot is from the web platform, beta version    1759067535_ScreenShot2020-03-17at9_19_00AM.png.43d64dc5c64f79e8d6657757cd2f6137.png

crazy right?  Now a great time to explore options.  Lot of time freed up

Please provide a colour palette for 'Highlight' option (Ctrl+Shift+H) and not just the single yellow colour.

This will allow users to choose their desired colours for highlighting text snippets- so green for some part, yellow for other etc, rather than highlighting everything with a single colour.

I merged your request with an existing post   
You're welcome to add your vote to the request   

fwiw  The latest Evernote betas include a highlight colour selection

• Like 1

Yet another person who thinks the highlighter needs to be many different colours. We're working from home and I'm making notes of meetings being held remotely. I need something to differentiate points in my notes. I have thousands of notes in Evernote, mostly clippings. I will be using it even more during this time, and this most basic of functionality should already be there. It's been requested for YEARS. 

50 minutes ago, spersephone said:

Yet another person who thinks the highlighter needs to be many different colours. We're working from home and I'm making notes of meetings being held remotely. I need something to differentiate points in my notes. I have thousands of notes in Evernote, mostly clippings. I will be using it even more during this time, and this most basic of functionality should already be there. It's been requested for YEARS. 

It's coming. It's in the current web beta, as has already been noted in this thread.

image.png.0ebd1f6e6987cdcb52bb8e9d708aa505.png

37 minutes ago, jefito said:

It's coming. It's in the current web beta, as has already been noted in this thread.

What???  I see violet, but no indigo?  Evernote team - GET IT TOGETHER ALREADY.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, xmasmoneky said:

What???  I see violet, but no indigo?  Evernote team - GET IT TOGETHER ALREADY.

Sure -- life sucks, and then you go to OneNote or Notion or WhateverNote, and find out that life sucks in a totally different way...

• Haha 1

On 4/14/2020 at 6:42 AM, jefito said:

Can't wait for this to happen!

t's coming. It's in the current web beta, as has already been noted in this thread.

@jefito is it possible to become one of the Beta testers?

cheers,
Daniel

+1 on the request to have multiple highlighter colors in a note. 

I don't just want to change the highligher color. I one to be able to hve some words in a note be highlighted in yellow and maybe other words highlghted in light blue. 

1 hour ago, Calvin.Powers said:

I don't just want to change the highligher color. I one to be able to hve some words in a note be highlighted in yellow and maybe other words highlghted in light blue. 

And that's exactly what the highlighter changes in the web beta allows you to do...

image.png.4b8577d282443c582f0daad846e06fb5.png

This is so basic that's ridiculous it wasn't yet implemented into Evernote.

If you want multicolor highlighter use the new editor in the web client. This is the beta for the new editor that is under development for all clients.

And if it really ridicules you, you can add your own money to cover the development cost. Just upgrade to Premium - and when you are paying, you can start to be emotionally agitated by all the shortcomings.

Currently you are only ridiculing, but not contributing.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kynareth said:

This is so basic that's ridiculous it wasn't yet implemented into Evernote.

Oh, for goodness' sake: it's the post right before yours: 

I need different markup (highligt) colors too.

If coding different colors is too much for admin. purposes or whatever, please consider having the highlight as 1 color but any other color besides neon yellow because when searching for "X", highlighted text and search results are a pain to distinguish, I have to search withing all the highlighted text for whatever it is I'm looking for!!  That or vice versa, make search query highlight in a different color that's not the common yellow highlight!  THANKS!!!!!