Join the #EverBetterChallenge and finish what you start in 2019. Read more... ×
chunkit721

Different Colors for Highlighter

Idea

Hmm I counter this problem for a while.

It seems to me that I can only change the color of the font rather than the highlight when I call out the "show colors" option under format.

Does it mean there is only one color available for highlight at the moment?

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Kruger2147 said:

@jyl Maybe let Ian be CEO for more than 5 minutes before calling for his head on a pike?

Im not looking for his head. I'm hoping that he will actually respond to this long long sad thread of people begging for this feature but never getting any kind of answer.   With the turnover in senior management, CTO, CFO, CPO, HR, and reorg ... and the org seeking new funding .. I feel like the product and the subscribers are being neglected.   He has an opportunity to do something differently but only if he knows and isn't preoccupied with "bigger issues."

I hope to see the multicolored feature of the application in the near future of the android system

On 11/29/2018 at 4:34 PM, Kruger2147 said:

@jyl Maybe let Ian be CEO for more than 5 minutes before calling for his head on a pike?

Or maybe not.

He's the CEO. The top dog. The ONE person who is required to be responsible for everything Evernote.

Instead of "rebranding" the company or turning it into something that nobody who pays for it and uses it wants it to be (An advertising platform? A social media channel? A lead-generation toolkit? Whatever else an investor demands?), maybe they could do the thing that people have been asking for for years and years, which every other similar product has always done?

I don't think the CEO needs your protection. He's a big boy. He can handle himself.

Or he can't. In which case, where's my pike?

Such a simple change. Please do this! I love Evernote already, but this would make it the best thing. 

Has evernote made an official response to this yet? AT THE VERY LEAST there's an accessibility problem with their yellow color. There's very limited contrast. I imagine some people can barely see the yellow. They need a more contrasting yellow and while they're at it, a few more colors. Obviously.

I'm currently using Google Docs in conjunction with evernote, i do a lot of highlighting in multiple colours on documents for text which requires attention in different ways, it keeps my work clear and organized.

Im currently having to do the highlighting in Google Docs and then paste to Evernote, which is a ball-ache, shouldn't need to do this workaround just to get different highlight colours :|

What kind of challenges do yo have in implementing this? it seems this has been a requested feature for years, there must be a reason the developers are unable to implement this feature, surely.

Please implement this feature! i want to stop using google docs!

I bought an annual subscription to Evernote before I discovered there is only one highlighter color. Are you kidding me? The app is useless to me now. That is a BASIC and important feature of a note taking app. I am cancelling my subscription after this year on that reason alone.

There's still no option in the Evernote editor for highlight colours

For extended formatting features, I recommend the Evertool utility