Save Business Card info to Contacts?

mrgoerend

Idea

29 replies to this idea

@TurboTiger,

Thanks for clarifying. The "Assign to Contact" option is used to assign to a preexisting contact.

To save a new contact, try tapping on the scanned business card in Scannable. This should open an edit screen with a "Save Contact" option at the bottom. 

After Toscanini the business card I select "...More"

Then the option is "assign to contacts"

If I click that it brings me to my contact list, but not option to add as a new contact. Hope this makes sense.

Good Luck

I've tried to reproduce this issue on my end but have been unsuccessful; after scanning a business card I am able to successfully save the information to Contacts on my iPhone.

@thh or @TurboTiger - could you provide specific steps for how you are attempting to save scanned business cards to Contacts?

After scanningi the business card I select "...More"

Then the option is "assign to contacts"

If I click that it brings me to my contact list, but not option to add as a new contact. Hope this makes sense.

Good Luck

Since upgrading to an iphoneX, Scannable no longer consistently recognizes business cards as business cards. When it does, they update my iphone contacts just fine. But Scannable needs a way to say, "this is a business card NOT a document." 

I am having a similar issue where the contact won't be saved if my default account is set to Exchange. If I change it to iCloud and go back into scannable it saves the contact straight away.

We use Exchange as our mail and contacts server so this app is useless at the moment until I can figure out how to save to Exchange. Has anybody been able to resolve this?

Thanks!

Still (Sep 2017) seems to be a disconnect somewhere between Evernote for iPhone and Contacts.  I've been using the Scannable -> Evernote -> Contacts route for about a year.  It seems that certain business cards, no matter how often I try, will not be added to contacts even though Evernote for iPhone reports that it has.  Today I tried to add a card five times, then finally used Evernote on my MacBook to try adding it from there.  It worked perfectly.

Hello all, is there a way to retrospectively save scanned contacts and business cards from Evernote to iOS without having to manually save them one by one? There seems to be no 'select all' button... Thank you!

As of July 2017 on the iPhone Evernote App if you click on the Business Card so it is showing all the information (email, phone... and picture of the business card at the bottom) and then click the "three dots" at the top of the screen and click "Save to Contacts" then all the details will be saved to your iOS contacts and can be used as normal! 

Hi

After reading all the above, my question is simple.  Once you take a picture and save a business card as the same in Evernote, is there a very simple or even better and automatic way in which the business card can appear under Contacts in IOS i.e on my iPhone 7?   I simply want to make life easy and avoid duplication and Evernote has a neat way of capturing Business card details.

Thanks

Hi there. I just started using Scannable. After scanning a card and saving it to Evernote and iPhone 6 contacts (Exchange), I needed to make a change to the address details. I made that change in the Evernote app, and when I sync I can see that change in Evernote desktop etc, but would like to know if there's a way to cleanly update those details in iPhone contacts? I only seem to see an option in Evernote app to "Save to contacts" and choosing that seems to sometimes find the same contact on my iPhone (great), and other times it adds the whole contact a second time (not great).

If it does find the same contact, instead of just updating the business address, it adds the phone numbers to that contact a second time (changing the phone labels for the phone numbers already there in the process), but doesn't update the business address which is the only contact detail I wanted to amend. Has anyone worked out how to seamlessly sync these updates to iPhone 6 Exchange Contacts?

On 9/14/2015 at 3:42 AM, kgg said:

It sounds like this card wasn't recognized as a business card. A document recognized as a business card will show a black bar with the name on the business card at the bottom of the displayed scan. If you don't see this, make sure you are signed into your Evernote account in Scannable and then try scanning the card again. If you continue to have problems, try using a different business card and see if the problem persists. Let me know if this doesn't resolve the issue. 

Yes I tried and got it.. But the card recognition is nowhere comparable to another app called CC

It sounds like this card wasn't recognized as a business card. A document recognized as a business card will show a black bar with the name on the business card at the bottom of the displayed scan. If you don't see this, make sure you are signed into your Evernote account in Scannable and then try scanning the card again. If you continue to have problems, try using a different business card and see if the problem persists. Let me know if this doesn't resolve the issue.

Ok. Got it to save

Tks kgg

@TurboTiger,

Thanks for clarifying. The "Assign to Contact" option is used to assign to a preexisting contact.

To save a new contact, try tapping on the scanned business card in Scannable. This should open an edit screen with a "Save Contact" option at the bottom.

Tks for your reply kgg,

After tapping on the scanned card, I get the following options at the bottom of the screen:

Delete Rotate Crop Restore

There is no "Save Contact"

TIA

I've tried to reproduce this issue on my end but have been unsuccessful; after scanning a business card I am able to successfully save the information to Contacts on my iPhone.

@thh or @TurboTiger - could you provide specific steps for how you are attempting to save scanned business cards to Contacts? 

I'm another Bob who tried to use Scannble to put an image on the Contact.app entry on my iPhone without any success.

Biz card had a logo of the business.   I imaged it using Scannable, menued to Share/More/Assign to Contact, was taken to the Contact app, searched for the entry I wanted and nothing.  No way to add the image, go into edit mode on the card, nothing.

Not so useful this first release of the Scannable app.  We'll see if it gets fixed.

me neither.  all i want is for the contact info to be placed in my iphone (or outlook) address book.  thought this could/would be fixed.  i'm close to giving up and going to one of the other scan apps out there

There is definitely an issue adding a scanned business card to the contacts app on an iPhone.

The option I get is "Assign to Contact". I do not get a "Add to Contacts".

I hope this gets resolved.

TIA

Well the new update today 1/26/14 did not solve my issue.

Anyone else?

TIA

yes, the issue bob is that "saving to contacts" doesn't actually result in the information being placed in the iOS Contacts

if you are trying to "share" then "more" and hit assign to contact,yes it doesn't seem to work.

If you tap on the image and save contact it should do but I only get the one phone number stored.

It's a pain that I can't edit the numbers before I save it because on one card I have ,it thinks that a builders licence number is a phone number.

It's a new product,hopefully these small glitches will get resolved.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/80182-saving-b-card-contacts-to-iphone-with-all-data-on-the-card/

I guess nobody cares about our problem.  Or, as the blues singer sang, "Nobody knows the trouble I've seen; nobody knows my sorrow.  Nobody knows the trouble I've seen; nobody knows but me."  Why is that apps assume we've abilities far beyond those of mortal men to figure out what the hell they do? 

Archived