Aggregating data

sarge368

I am looking for some way to use Evernote in order to aggregate data from multiple team members.  I have nine team members that must collect statistics (small spreadsheet worth) on the days that they work.  The data from each day and team member needs to be collected and added in to an overall spreadsheet.  Not all of my team members are very technologically savvy so I need a fairly simple but efficient method.  The system that this team has been using was to download a generic form, change the date, add their data and upload to the correct file folder on a Sharepoint site (yuck!).  This ended up with people accidentaly overwriting others forms, saving to the wrong folder or not actually saving it, all which resulted in lost data.

I have been using Evernote for several years for personal stuff and have found it to be powerful, simple and extremely helpful.  Any ideas would be much appreciated.

John 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Not quite sure how you imagine using Evernote in this scenario,  but all the ways I can think of involve copying notes and renaming them,  so not much of an improvement (if any) over the current system.  If your guys can use the internet,  Google Sheets might be a better fit here since you can set up and share forms for your team members to use which could include name,  date,  and rows of readings.  With a bit of work you should be able to fix the back end systems to aggregate some or all of the data for you too...

It's funny you should ask this... I responded in great detail to a Business user earlier today seeking something along the lines your asking for. Click on the below linked thread until you come across a really long post from me. Read the parts about the online task management app called Azendoo, including the two Azendoo links I provided and how to search YouTube for a set of how to video tours produced them. I think if you locate and watch the videos, you'll find Azendoo will work very well for your needs, and it intergrates nicely with Evernote.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/80231-is-evernote-premium-really-worth-it/#entry338957

I am looking for some way to use Evernote in order to aggregate data from multiple team members. I have nine team members that must collect statistics (small spreadsheet worth) on the days that they work. The data from each day and team member needs to be collected and added in to an overall spreadsheet. Not all of my team members are very technologically savvy so I need a fairly simple but efficient method. The system that this team has been using was to download a generic form, change the date, add their data and upload to the correct file folder on a Sharepoint site (yuck!). This ended up with people accidentaly overwriting others forms, saving to the wrong folder or not actually saving it, all which resulted in lost data.

I have been using Evernote for several years for personal stuff and have found it to be powerful, simple and extremely helpful. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

John

Archived