How do I increase the number of shared notebooks?

I have evernote premium. This allows ne 250 shared notebooks. I work at 4 different locations as well as travel a lot. So I have access o desktops at the forur locations, and a laptop for traveling. Between dropbox and evernote I just share the account and can travel very lightly indeed. But now I have reached capacity on the shared notebooks. 

Even if I upgrade to business I still get 250 notebooks per user. Do I need to split myself to get more notebooks. Also that quadruples cost as I would have to pay £8 per month x 2 for the inconvenience of having 2 log ins opposed to £4.00 per month for Premium.

Is there any way to increase the shared notebooks within premium? (I cannot be the only person who has maxed out capacity!!!

Thoughts? ideas? Evernote?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Other than Business,  there are no versions of Evernote with more notebooks.  The options are:  use notebooks less (and maybe tags more) or start a few free accounts and archive older notebooks out to other accounts,  or maybe run one free account for each location and keep your premium account as a personal workspace.

• Level 5*

Is there some reason that you're not using the same account at all of the locations? No need for sharing notebooks then. 250 notebooks is way too many to manage!!

• Level 5*

Is there any way to increase the shared notebooks within premium? (I cannot be the only person who has maxed out capacity!!!

The short answer is:  NO, you cannot increase the number of shared Notebooks.

Obviously, you need an approach that does NOT require more Notebooks, at least if you want to use Evernote.

Now, the question is, how do you resolve your need?

Perhaps one solution is to have ONE Notebook per Location (Client?).

Then use Tags to separate the subjects/issues.  You can have an many Tags as you need (well, up to 100K)

If this doesn't work for you, then maybe Evernote is not the best tool for your needs.

If you would care to provide more details about your needs, then perhaps we could provide more suggestions.

Quick question: what do you mean by "shared notebooks"? Are you perhaps talking about "synchronized" versus "local" notebooks? I can't imagine you sharing 250 notebooks with other people (Or even yourself across four different accounts as @Jefito hinted at). Just want to clarify.

All the suggestions about better work practices are valid...

However It seems you are even willing to pay more for notebooks.

I think Evernote should have customisable billing schemes where you could 'purchase' more notebooks if a user so desires. Same way you can purchase more upload space every month.

Maybe a superPremium option :)

I think you should start a thread with that theme.

• Level 5*

Having a number of different options and billing levels has been discussed on here quite a lot.

I think that most sensible people agree that adding complexity will end up costing everyone more money and benefit very few.

• Level 5*

OK, just so I'm clear, you disagree that adding options (and therefore complexity) to any software or billing system doesn't make it more time intensive to develop and support? Then multiply that software by a dozen or so platforms and then by I don't know how many countries (and tax laws) and you still disagree?

OK, just so I'm clear, you disagree that adding options (and therefore complexity) to any software or billing system doesn't make it more time intensive to develop and support? Then multiply that software by a dozen or so platforms and then by I don't know how many countries (and tax laws) and you still disagree?

Good points... One flaw...

They would only do this if they could monetise it and take out some form of profit... This is already the case with additional upload space... (It's also a matter of economies of scale.)

If it's not financially viable... I can agree with what you are saying...

I am just saying that it may be...

In fact they already somewhat already did this approach to some extent with the business offering.

But thank you for the reply. It is very valid and in this specific application - More notebooks - may not have a substantial user base that want to have 'additional notebooks' to develop or offer...

So what you are saying completely makes sense.

More billing options being bad is not necessarily completely true...

Specifically on notebooks, I may be inclined to agree you, based on your reply... However not as simple as more billing option = failure...

Thank you 

Archived