Shortcut to the iOS home screen?

I really love the EN products., been using them for a few years and always appreciate the ease of use.  One question I have is in regards to the iOS apps and getting back to the home screen.  Many time I drill into a note and see what I want to see and end up leaving it there.  The next time I use the ap that is where it opens to requiring me to back out of the note.  Not a big deal but wondering if there is any one tap way to get back to the home screen on EN?

• 3 weeks later...

It would be awesome to access notebooks, notes, and shortcuts through an icon on the home screen, but I am pretty sure there is no way to do it at this time. If anybody knows a workaround, I would love to know it as well. Using this feature would cut the load time for accessing my shortcuts by more than 50% and reduce 3 clicks down to just 1. 

• Level 5*

You can have a shortcut to your shortcuts on your IOS home screen.  Go to Settings - Customize Home Screen and select which sections you want to see there.  One click to see the shortcuts, one click to select, plus scrolling I suppose if you have a lot of shortcuts.  Single click for notebooks if you don't have a lot of notebooks.  FWIW.

Thank you for the suggestion. The shortcut on the Evernote home screen was the one I was referring to that takes 3 clicks. If there was a way to have one on the iOS home screen, it would take 1 click. Something similar to the safari browsers add to home screen option. Or even the ability to see shortcuts in the widget area would take it down to a swipe and click. It may be a limitation of iOS. I'm not a programmer, so I have no clue.

• Level 5*

We are on the same page.  

Out of interest I just have two clicks or taps; swipe/tap shortcuts on the home screen and then tap the shortcut I want.  What is the third tap?   :unsure:

I forgot one action. It is actually 4 actions in the current setup, not 3. This is for Evernote 7.6.4.313631 on an iPad mini running iOS 8.1.3. 

Current Way to Access a Shortcut

1. Tap to open Evernote

2. Tap the elephant icon at the top left

3. Tap/Swipe shortcuts

4. Tap the shortcut needed

Desired Way to Open Shortcut

1. Tap Evernote shortcut icon on iOS homescreen 

OR

1. Swipe down at top of screen

2. Tap shortcut within Evernote widget

• Level 5*

Ah, I wasn't including opening EN and I have the shortcuts section on my home screen.  With EN open my two taps are

1. Tap Shortcuts on the home screen

2. Tap the shortcut needed.

So in the current world you can at least save yourself one tap by having shortcuts appear on the home screen.

• 1 year later...

I have shortcuts to Evernote searches, notes and notebooks on my Android homescreen. This is just part of the Android app.

Is this still not possible to replicate on iOS? Hoping someone can advise!

• Level 5*

My shortcut list shows on my IOS home screen
You may have it turned off; Check your "Customize Home Screen" options in Settings

IMG_1242.jpg IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1240.jpgIMG_1241.jpg

Archived