marcelo

Control Which Image Shown in a Note's Thumbnail/Snippet View

Idea

I do like the new layout with larger thumbnails, except for one thing: Evernote seems to choose as thumbnail the largest image within a note. But it is rather annoying, for it seldom coincides with the image which would enable me to recognize a note at once. Can I somehow force Evernote to use a specific image as thumbail?

Marcelo

• Like 6

I mean guys is this like... Serious?? 😂🤣😳 I just came back after a ~1 year hiatus and this still not implemented? What PC or advertising agenda would we hurt lol?? It's requested since years on. What's happening? 

Alongwith the ability to select the thumbnail image manually, There Must also be the feature to select the SIZE of thumbnail - ie, small, medium, large in the Notes list with Thumbnails, ie, the WIDTH of each Note in the Notes-list panel.

It is Very surprising why Evernote has Not yet implemented this feature even in last 5 years ?

On 5/7/2018 at 8:44 AM, SparkWerx said:

Frankly, I think it's rather pathetic that Evernote has failed to provide this simple capability in 7+ years.

Agreed, and +1

On 4/27/2018 at 7:20 PM, Joe Loves Watercolors said:

DOES IT REALLY TAKE MORE THAN 5 YEARS TO LISTEN TO YOUR USERS?

Their value is DIVERSION not LISTEN TO USERS.  No listening to the users wants to make them happier with the product.

This is the one feature I am still waiting on.  I stopped using Evernote for homeschooling, though I keep looking at it periodically.

But as a recipe book Evernote would be ideal.  Unfortunately the thumbnail snippet needs to be the image I choose.  Otherwise it doesn’t do any good.

Why are we still waiting on this feature?

The lack of this feature is very frustrating. It's obvious that users want to decide for themselves which image is displayed as a thumbnail. I have so many cases in my notebooks where a completely unsuitable motif appears in front. How long do we have to wait and complain, Evernote, how long?

I'll give this a simple +1

6 hours ago, Martin Braun said:

How long do we have to wait and complain, Evernote, how long?

Just did a quick survery of users.  Sorry .... the majority are unwilling to pay and fund development

How about yourself.  Do you vote to pay? 

At least indicate your support for the request using the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion

• Thanks 1

Personally I have voted for this improvement.

But when I read all this stuff about „if they do not implement this or that, I will quit ...“, to me it always reads like „if I do not like my nail polish, I will have my hand amputated“.

Like a little child, standing in front of me and stomping with his/her little feet. Here, take a sweet 😉 

Yes, this is essential please add the feature!

Long time paying user (I think 6ish years now?), and I've got to say, the manner in which Evernote handles users is slowly wearing down my patience. I've come to accept and deal with a laundry list of problems with the service since I understand how hard it can be to integrate complex features or change heavy structure. Plus, I really do like the general design of EN, and use it daily for both professional and personal projects. 

But changing the thumbnail? This seriously can't be accomplished in more than 5 years of requests? Plus the fact that I almost never see any actual EN staff members responding directly to their users. I wouldn't even mind if they straight up asked for cash donations to add features, so long as the users had some more say in what was added. 

On 9/14/2018 at 4:38 PM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

You may have noticed that all threads requesting the ability to manually set a note's thumbnail/snippet have been merged into this thread, regardless of platform specificity. 

This was done in order to better enable us to quantify and qualify user requests, and amplify their voice.

While this does not mean this is a feature that will be coming, we certainly want to relay user feedback/sentiment to our various teams.

Moving forward, please put all commentary and votes the ability to manually set a note's thumbnail/snippet here!

I'm not programmer but I don't think adding that option would be that difficult. Itis actually the one reason I signed up for this forum!

Please. I want to see the image of the food....not the receipt or the wine that goes with it.
image.png.e1677316ac0d7c97c635d5304250284b.png

This is my biggest frustration with Evernote - it seems like it would enhance the app a tremendous amount. Please consider this.

Another +1 for this feature.  Evernote is an amazing tool but this is my biggest issue.

Due to this oversight, I regularly find that I can't find the note I want as some other less important image has been chosen for the thumbnail.

As they say a picture says a thousand words so when you are scrolling down looking for a note this is crucial.

+1. Every month I come back to this topic to see if an update has has been made. Is there any public roadmap for evernote? Thanks.

On 9/14/2018 at 9:38 PM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

You may have noticed that all threads requesting the ability to manually set a note's thumbnail/snippet have been merged into this thread, regardless of platform specificity. 

This was done in order to better enable us to quantify and qualify user requests, and amplify their voice.

While this does not mean this is a feature that will be coming, we certainly want to relay user feedback/sentiment to our various teams.

Moving forward, please put all commentary and votes the ability to manually set a note's thumbnail/snippet here!

Finally, I found a topic that express exactly what I'm looking for since so many years...

I still don't understand how it works, the thumbnail image seems to be chosen randomly (and it's never the image I would want)

Please evernote, it's so obvious I wonder how it's not still implemented

I literally only signed up to the board to second this feature. 

I really love Evernote! I am a premium user and I use it every single day. 

Has the feature not been implemented, yet? 😔

How is this not fixed yet?  I'm getting so frustrated with all the new useless features they keep releasing while this is something that is still not resolved.  It's a very simple request that will make the app WAY better for many ways it is used.  I use it primarily to catalog patterns (as do a lot of other sewists) and I include all images associated with the pattern in the one note, but I want the main pattern image to be the one I see as the thumbnail so I can easily locate a design I want without needing to just remember what it looks like based on the name.  A lot of people in the sewing community are starting to move over to another note taking app based simply on the fact that it lets you choose your thumbnail photo.  I canceled my subscription I've had for over 4 years today.  The team has a few months to win back my business before my annual prepaid time is up, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 2

Has the thumbnail option been updated so that we can choose the preview thumbnail yet?

There is no option to select the thumbnail image, and no update

To indicate your support for his feature, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion

How long will I have to continue staring at photos of my ex-boyfriend in many notes? It's hurting me so bad, it makes me not want to use Evernote. It can't be a difficult feature to install. I just want to have my own control of what pictures show up in the thumbnail. Even if I delete the photos, they still come back up in the thumbnail. it's like he's haunting me, please... 

+1, this is a feature which would be highly appreciated.
If we can't select the thumbnail, then it's best to just disable the feature.

I use evernote extensively for cooking and keep track of the evolution of my bonsai trees.
The thumbnail HAS to be a picture of the tree/the dish, otherwise there is no point.
How can I recognize which tree this note is about if evernote pick as thumbnail the receipt of the tree I bought, or a random picture of an inspiration "model" ?

I went for the Premium account, hoping for cool features like this one.
I'm kind of disappointed to be honest to see such an on going discussion and no progress in several years.

Was the development of evernote stopped ?

Regards,

Y.

At the top of my screen Evernote proudly proclaims an update to 'Dark Mode for iOS'. Come on guys, less of the candy floss and mere of the cake.  This needs to be fixed!  It is not a nice to have it is an essential feature...

7 hours ago, Yanic said:

+1, this is a feature which would be highly appreciated.
If we can't select the thumbnail, then it's best to just disable the feature.

I use evernote extensively for cooking and keep track of the evolution of my bonsai trees.
The thumbnail HAS to be a picture of the tree/the dish, otherwise there is no point.
How can I recognize which tree this note is about if evernote pick as thumbnail the receipt of the tree I bought, or a random picture of an inspiration "model" ?

I went for the Premium account, hoping for cool features like this one.
I'm kind of disappointed to be honest to see such an on going discussion and no progress in several years.

Was the development of evernote stopped ?

Regards,

Y.

This has been requested for years, one that I dearly wanted. It's a pretty trivial thing to implement yet Evernote progress on this issue is like stagnate s**t water.

Hello dear developers,

I´m sure that many Evernote users haven't reached this forum page yet but i assure you that if this feature is released it would be a big reason to love Evernote even more.

Thank you for making such an amazing application.

Cheers !