Multiple image notes lumped into one big note

I've been trying to synch multiple images as notes from my iOS, but when they show up on my Mac, they have been lumped into one big note. I need each image to be a separate note. Is there a way to separate them on my Mac, or can I only synch them one at a time?

Thanks!

I've been taking photos of notes and syncing them. I sync multiple notes at one time because it's faster, but then that's when it comes up as one big note on my computer. And I can't figure out how to separate them, other than cutting them individually and pasting them into a new note template.

• Level 5*

Does taking photos produce JPGs?  If so you're not 'syncing' when you drop multiple files into Evernote,  you're creating a new note.  Why not use Evernote's camera from a mobile device which will automatically create one new note while you go on to take another picture?

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the necro. Maybe this will be helpful to future users.

I've run into the same problem here and Evernote doesn't make it simple to import all the images as notes separately. You have to do it on at a time.

I already have previous photos of notes I had taken on my mobile's image library. At the time, I did not use Evernote's own photo capture function as it's slower than just calling my mobile's own camera app and I needed more functionality for a usable image. But once I had the images on my mobile's library, I had to import each photo one at a time starting a new photo note for each photo. I can't seem to find a way to separate them once they're in a note, or load multiple photos at once into separate notes. This functionality would be extremely handy in Evernote, especially if you want to link a particular page to someone and not send them the whole picture set (in my case, a link to one page of a 30 page script that I had to impromptu scan in its entirety).

One workaround is to use Skitch synced to Evernote on a computer. Every photo you drag into the Skitch interface will create a separate photo note in Evernote, which will have its own separate link and info. Unfortunately, this means the added steps of getting the images from your mobile to your desktop (either synced or downloaded) before dragging the set over to Skitch.

On 5/13/2016 at 5:11 PM, Addesso said:

One workaround is to use Skitch synced to Evernote on a computer. Every photo you drag into the Skitch interface will create a separate photo note in Evernote, which will have its own separate link and info. Unfortunately, this means the added steps of getting the images from your mobile to your desktop (either synced or downloaded) before dragging the set over to Skitch.

This is actually a really good workaround. Signing into the Skitch app with your Evernote account with also appear in a Skitch notebook in Evernote.

Archived