Does Evernote have a bibliography option?

I am a Doctoral student writing my professional project. I'm looking for a simple way to record usable quotes but would prefer an option that also created annotation that can be easily downloaded to my paper. Does Evernote provide a bibliography option? Or should I also include another app that will do what I want? If so, what is the name of that other app? Thank you for all your help.

Hi. Evernote, along with regular back-ups of your own, is a great place to store your research as it can store any kind of digital media, but no, as Jefito said their is no citation utility. However, a quick Google search turns up a wide range of hits. I've linked to one search result that highlights 14 online bibliography apps.

http://elearningindustry.com/14-best-online-bibliography-and-citation-tools

An online bookmarking service I highly recommend you also consider also consider to help track your research is Diigo. There are free and premium plans available

https://www.diigo.com

I am a Doctoral student writing my professional project. I'm looking for a simple way to record usable quotes but would prefer an option that also created annotation that can be easily downloaded to my paper. Does Evernote provide a bibliography option? Or should I also include another app that will do what I want? If so, what is the name of that other app? Thank you for all your help.

Previously, I have used zotero to manage references, but kept all of my reading notes in Evernote. I pasted Evernote note links into the Zotero entry for a given reading so that I could easily select a reference in Zotero and its one click to view the notes I have for it in Evernote. 

This has been (and still is, except I've migrated my reading notes, and all of my work stuff, to a different program) one of the most effective way for me to do things. 

You could use almost any reference manager other than Zotero. This same workflow would work with Mendeley, Refworks, EndNote, Papers, and probably Diigo (which I haven't tried). I've tried about 10 reference managers (paid and free) and found Zotero to be the one with the fewest frustrations for me. (That's key, you'l notice I didn't say it was the "best". No reference manager is terribly great, its all about finding the one with the problems that impact your workflow the least!)

...probably Diigo (which I haven't tried)...

This post isn't a direct response to Scott's reply. It's more of a speaking of Diiigo thing.

I wasn't going to go into it on my first post, but what the heck, I'm a happy Diigo fan so...

I've been using the free Diigo plan for months and have been so impressed with it that I asked for (and got, yay) it as a Christmas Present!  It's got a lot of features I haven't yet learned, but there's a few that I'm quite excited about.

Over the years I've collected and lost, then collected and lost again on various devices, countless Bookmarks on EI and Chrome browsers.  All were poorly organized and hard to navigate once I had more than a couple dozen.  I kept my eye on a few popular online Bookmarking services, only to see them either lacking in function or die off within a few years.  Or both.

All the recommendations for Diigo on this forum convinced me to try them out.

Keeping in mind that I haven't yet fully learned or utilized all of the features in either the free or paid versions, I've grown to love it for just a few of it's features, including:

* All of my bookmarks being fully searchable. Now that I've become more comfortable with a minimal use of the hierarchical system of organization, I love this feature.

* I can add Tags and a large summary or note to every bookmark.

I will be importing several hundred (or more) bookmarks from currently saved on EI, Chrome and disc. (After doing the hard work of culling to find duplicates, invalid links and ones I just don't need anymore.) The best part for me, is finally having them all in one location and available from any device. Plus, Diigo has an excellent Knowledge Base and their customer service has been good.

They recently introduced a new Outliner feature. It looks interesting, but it's still very new and seems very beta stage.

Below is the link to their pricing page for anyone that wants to look. I, pardon me..Santa, went with the Standard Plan for $40.00 USD.

https://www.diigo.com/premium

Clicking on "See More" underneath the plans listing *should* bring up a detailed comparison chart for each plan. However, since I upgraded, I can't seem to bring that up even when logged out. But that could be simply be a case of my being too tired to think straight...I recommend contacting customer service if you can't locate it and are really curious!

Cheers!

Oh, one more thing. All bookmarks are by default set to be public. Meaning anyone can see them. If you don't want to make yours public, be sure to tick the Private box for each one. I don't, *yet,* know how to ensure my yet-to-be imported bookmarks are to be marked as private if I import them in bulk. Pretty sure it can be done, I just don't know how.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived