Office Suite not editing attached files on Android devices

Just started to run into this problem...I'm a premium user with the latest version of EN and Officesuite (Trial).

Using on both a Note 8 and Note 3. (tablet and phone)

I used to be able to edit the attached spreadsheets on a note and now they are not.

I open them using the "edit" button but can't save...see attached pictures.

Any help would be great as I use this every hour!

Thanks,

KC

post-189156-0-73613700-1420642840_thumb.

• 3 weeks later...

Negative. I've downloaded them first and still can't edit the contents and save back to the note. This really is an issue. If you have to use your computer every time you want to edit a document, why have an app for a tablet or phone at all?

Okay, I tried delteing the app and Office Suite as well...I then added them back...the feature worked when creating a note, but once the note gets "synced" to the server...I can no longer access and edit the document on my phone. 

The tablet can!  SO weird!

So this leads me to believe that there is something going on with my phone! ARGH!

It's rooted and I am using the External SD card as the main storage...I wonder if that's the issue...(on the tablet it's unrooted and all is being saved in the regular method)

Shoot!  Can anyone replicate this?

Well odd stuff indeed...tried to reset the phone to see if maybe it was an issue with the installation and reloaded everything back up, but no luck...same issue.

This feature works on my tablet but not on the phone.  Very odd...

I noticed that the "temp" folder is created when trying to edit the spreadsheet but for what ever reason I can't save the edited version back to evernote.

I'm not sure what the deal is here.

Hmmn.  You had me at 'rooted' and 'SD card'...  Do you have enough space to move Evernote back to main storage to see whether that makes any difference?

Thanks for the help here Gazumped...As you can see from my previous post, I completely re-installed all apps after a full system wipe. no luck! 

I'm not sure what else to try.

• Level 5*

About the only other thing I can come up with is to edit and resave the spreadsheet,  then mail it back to your Evernote account email address with extra @notebook #tag keywords to help identify it as the 'latest' version.  Cleanups then later on desktop or tablet to tidy things up if necessary...

It's worth sending in a bug report by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging into this link > https://evernote.com/contact/support/

...but I don't think you'll necessarily hear anything helpful.

About the only other thing I can come up with is to edit and resave the spreadsheet,  then mail it back to your Evernote account email address with extra @notebook #tag keywords to help identify it as the 'latest' version.  Cleanups then later on desktop or tablet to tidy things up if necessary...

It's worth sending in a bug report by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging into this link > https://evernote.com/contact/support/

...but I don't think you'll necessarily hear anything helpful.

Thank you for the info.  I will send a report and see what happens.  Appreciate the help.

Archived