Import note

• Level 5*

For clarity, what do you mean by Evernote email?  The email address you used when you signed up for EN or the one under Account Info that is used to email notes to your EN data base?

If the email is in your regular email account, if it is an icon in the email, save the attachment to the desktop and double click it from the desktop and the note will appear in EN.  If the email is text, forward the email to the email address in Account Info and it will appear in EN.  

I was able to get it to work by having my co worker send it to my non-evernote email (the one under Account Info that is used to email notes to your EN data base).  I do have one other question. We decided to use the work chat feature. Is there a way to collaborate with the shared note without having to click on work chat, find the request, and open the shared file? Can I add it to a notebook and direct link from the notebook while still sharing? Thanks for your help.

• Level 5*

Glad you got it working, though I would be careful about sharing your "Email notes to" email address.  You will be trusting that individual with what could gets added to your EN data base.  It depends on how much control you want to exert on what gets added I suppose.  Shared notebooks provide a way to compartmentalize that "risk".

Sorry, I don't use work chat so can't help you there.  Perhaps someone else will chime in.  You could just dip your toe in and give it a try.   ;)

Archived