Big issues with printing notes in 6.0

Our office uses Evernote as a digital filing system, but we still have a fair amount of printing that we have to do. We have been experiencing two significant issues with the 6.0 update and I'm wondering if there is any workaround other users could recommend until (hopefully) Evernote fixes this.

Problem #1 - We used to be able to print notes in batches. I could select multiple notes, hit Command + P and it would print the ones that were selected. Not true anymore. Now it will only allow us to print the first one selected in the batch.

Problem #2 - The vast majority of our notes consist of a PDF attachment (e.g. invoices from vendors), and before the update we could reliably hit Command + P to print the note, and it would print the PDF just fine. As long as the rest of the note was blank, it would ONLY print the PDF, which is what we wanted. But, after 6.0, we kissed that handy feature goodbye. Now the print preview shows up as a blank page, and 1 of 1 pages, so you can print just the second page. When you go to print, however, it will give you a blank sheet, followed by the PDF. Our current workaround for this is to open the PDF in Preview and then print, but this takes considerably more time and is a more disjointed workflow.

Anyone else frustrated with these problems? Have a solution that you can post here? Any help would be appreciated!

• 3 months later...
  • Level 5*

Doesn't look as if there's a fix or a work-around available,  but in all cases I'm sure Evernote will be grateful for a bug report -

Submit a report by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here> https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action
- if you're a premium or Business user,  you'll also have access to a Chat option for more help (7am-7pm weekdays,  PST)

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have experienced both the clipping problem -- where the note shows up empty, and the inability to print multiple notes. I am in the process of logging both issues, but I wanted to post here just to echo and show that this is still a problem.

The web clipping problem is really bad for me as I had always assumed that it just worked, for things like recording online payment confirmation. Sometimes, the bank-issued confirmation number is the only evidence you get that you paid a bill and when.

The printing problem has made tax time really onerous as I have to print individual documents and receipts to send to my accountant.

Very frustrated at the moment.

• 2 months later...

I have just installed Evernote on both of my laptops. i spent ages trying to find the print button to no avail. I decided to look on this forum and typed in search " how do I print" that returned as unknown topic. So just typed "printing" after that I saw a comment about a mac command P so decided to try ctrl p on my lap top. NOW I CAN Print but  Evernote decides to print an extra totally useless page for the 1 small note I wanted tp print. This is poorly programmed software in my opinion. Why not have a print button in the first place??? A very frustrated first time user.

• BSR locked this topic

Archived