Work Chat Notifications on Windows Can I disable?

Is there a way that I can disable the notification for workchat? I don't want to see all of the chat messages come up, seeing the number on the icon in the task bar is good enough for me. 

I did notice that you can turn off the sync notifications but no the work chat. 

Thanks for the help? 

I bought Evernote for personal information, not work, so I'll never use this feature.  I would like to suppress Work Chat completely within the Windows desktop version.  What I find frustrating is it appears one can do so under View > Left Panel by removing the check mark next to it. Once I remove the check mark the Work Chat section disappears from my left panel.  However, this setting is not retained the next time I open Evernote so I have to do it all over again.   This is irritatingly repetitive.

There are a couple other sections I don't need (why do I need the Premium sales pitch section when I already have a Premium account?) that behave this way as well. Clearly, the settings for that sub-menu are not saved across the board.  Hope we see this resolved soon.

• Level 5

I bought Evernote for personal information, not work, so I'll never use this feature.  I would like to suppress Work Chat completely within the Windows desktop version.  What I find frustrating is it appears one can do so under View > Left Panel by removing the check mark next to it. Once I remove the check mark the Work Chat section disappears from my left panel.  However, this setting is not retained the next time I open Evernote so I have to do it all over again.   This is irritatingly repetitive.

There are a couple other sections I don't need (why do I need the Premium sales pitch section when I already have a Premium account?) that behave this way as well. Clearly, the settings for that sub-menu are not saved across the board.  Hope we see this resolved soon.

After you configure your left panel to remove Work Chat and Premium, you need to exit Evernote completely to write those changes out to the Windows registry. The changes will be retained once you do that. (If you rely on this happening when you shutdown your computer, the data is not always flushed properly, depending on how quickly the operating system forces Evernote to close.)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the information. But, I must be missing something.

I have unchecked the items and then clicked File > Exit. It warns clipping will be disabled and I click ok. I reopen Evernote and the items are again in the left column.

I have unchecked the items and clicked File > Sign out <email>. I log back in. Items still in left column.

I've bounced the machine between the exit/open and logout/login steps. I also did these steps without bouncing it. I logged out, ran Norton's registry cleaner and logged back in.

Those pesky sections are still clinging to my left panel! Can you suggest some other process I might follow?

• 6 months later...

I totally echo this request - I dont want another chat (i.e. evernote chat), or at least I want to have the option to disable real-time notifications (!) in desktop version. Thank you, and btw many thanks for otherwise great software.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm being driven quietly mad by Evernote work-chat messages flooding my screen. Is it really the case that there's no way of turning off these highly intrusive messages?!

Evernote is a superb resource, which is proving incredibly useful in all areas of my working/personal digital life, but these uncontrolled pop-ups are enough to drive me to unsubscribe from the service unless Evernote can fix this problem. 

Any help or advice very much appreciated. 

Thank you

In my case it's chat messages as stated in the post you posted directly after. 

We don't want the pop up. We just want the messages to silently arrive based on a customized option. It's BS that Evernote hasn't addressed this almost 3 years. I continue to pay for the service but UNDER PROTEST!

Someone gave me a solution that worked for me some time back.  (Sorry I forgot to post it here!)

1 - In desktop version go to the View drop down menu.

2 - Make sure there is no check mark next to "Work Chat"

3 - LOGOFF of every instance you have running - mobile, web, desktop

4 - Open desktop - problem should be fixed.

5 - Fingers crossed for you!

Archived