The new web interface

fvoellmer

Idea

Translated with Google

Hello,

So I like not the web-beta. It is very confusing. Above all, I lack the scale of my folders in the notes.

Now, all notes will be displayed only untereinnander, and to scroll without end.

Maybe I missed it too, but without a sensible folder structure, the new web interface for me is no longer suitable. I hope the program for the PC is unaffected.

Ciao

Friedhelm

5 replies to this idea

Switched to the beta, but could not find an intuitive way to make a new tag.

It seems the +add a tag button is missing, there is one for add a new notebook.

Hopefully they will get all the functionality the classic has in the new look.

Also I would want to see more notes on the screen when looking in a notebook.

I've tried four times to use the Web Beta and have given up in exasperation each time. This Premium user's only hope at this point is that Evernote NEVER forces this interface on me.

I work full-time with a laptop computer. So the first thing I needed to do when I activated the BETA mode is set the page's zoom to 80-percent. Seems this is a consequence of *assuming* (uh oh) a mobile user?

I then tried to work with my notes. The darn interface kept getting in the way by trying to "help" me by guessing (uh oh again) what I wanted as in automatically closing the left-side navigation pane, et cetera. Noooooo! Observe, please, the irony of the direct conflict between the Beta's promises to get out of my way versus the Beta's constant inteference with my use of the product in the form of automatically moving, hiding, repositioning, and otherwise being way too "dynamic".

One especial annoyance was the overly large, space-wasting black retangle that relentlessly urged me to Share the notebook I was viewing. I couldn't find any way to get this off the screen. So much for the Beta "getting out of my way" relative to the old, usable, (ahem) "in my way" layout and behaviors.

What I would strongly prefer is some unambiguous controls, perhaps augmented by user-preferences settings, that put me back in *full control* of the Web interface. Stated another way, the product should never *assume* what I want, should never automatically change the arrangement or appearance of the user interface on its own, should never try to force-feed me options such as "Share" that I don't require at the moment, and should otherwise -- and this is key -- wait for user command then perform that command *and only that command*, no more, no less.

Long story short, I've tried multiple times to actually do useful work with the Beta and was unable to do so. Lord, please don't force me to struggle with it under the banner of "improvement".

Finally, if your developers are feelin' frisky, how about a setting in one's User Preferences that says, in essence, "Enough already -- I've tried the Beta and don't want it!". As it is, each time I log into a new Evernote Web session I'm confronted with an overlay that yet again (and again and again and again) asks me to try the Beta. When will it end?

Cheers & hope this helps,

Riley

SFO

The new Web BETA UI has lost a feature which is very important to me. :(

This is a key feature for exploring notes in notebooks and stacks: the possibility to list every notes included in several notebooks of a stack.

What do I mean?

Like any Evernote user, I have several stacks of notebooks organized like this:

Stack 1

- Notebook A

- Notebook B

- Notebook C

Stack 2

- Notebook X

- Notebook Y

- Notebook Z

Etc.

I need to be able to get a list of all the notes included into Notebook A, B and C when I select Stack 1. Or into Notebook X, Y and Z when I select Stack 2. Etc.

Whith the new web UI, it is impossible to do that! There is the same limitation with the iPad and the Android UI : it is impossible to list every notes included into a stack of notebooks.

My fear now is that this limitation will creep to the desktop version one day... So from now on I will refrain from updating the client - just in case...

:o Please Mrs an Mr Evernote, DO NOT ever implement this new UI is the PC Desktop client. Never. Please. :o

Switched to the beta, but could not find an intuitive way to make a new tag.

It seems the +add a tag button is missing, there is one for add a new notebook.

Hi LJPelissier, 

Sorry that this functionality was hard to find.  You can create a tag by: 

• Creating a new note
  • You'll see a toolbar appear at the top of your note
  • In the upper left corner you should see a dropdown that lets you move the note to another notebook
  • Beside that there is a tags field. 
  • You can add new tags there. 

We will be improving the discoverability of the feature in a future release. 

Archived