Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zest

windows How to off related content/find popup?

In Windows Desktop it's  Tools > Options > Context

In Windows Desktop?

Please more detail....

If you're using Evernote for Windows,  look for Tools > Options on the top menu bar,  then click Context

Does disabling the checkbox at Tools | Options | Context | Show Context disable only the popup?

Or, by disabling that checkbox have I disabled Evernote's context feature, altogether?

You can probably see where I'm going here. I like the context feature. I do not like the popup which intermittently and repeatedly reminds me of the context feature.

Thanks.

Is this the little window that tells you there is context for a specific note,  or a general marketing thing asking you to use the feature?

As far as I know, it just turns it off. Evernote has said elsewhere that they're exploring less obtrusive ways of making Context known to the user.

As far as I know, it just turns it off. Evernote has said elsewhere that they're exploring less obtrusive ways of making Context known to the user.

Wow.

I either put up with a popup that actually obstructs the screen into which I am actually entering notes, or I lose the feature altogether. 

I'm thankful, then, that the pop-up doesn't cover my entire screen, rather than just where my cursor is, whenever I have a note long enough to fill my entire screen.

The solution is simple: Get rid of the popup. If I want to see the messages found by context, I can click on the tool that opens the pane displaying that related context content. Done.

Wow.

I either put up with a popup that actually obstructs the screen into which I am actually entering notes, or I lose the feature altogether. 

I'm thankful, then, that the pop-up doesn't cover my entire screen, rather than just where my cursor is, whenever I have a note long enough to fill my entire screen.

The solution is simple: Get rid of the popup. If I want to see the messages found by context, I can click on the tool that opens the pane displaying that related context content. Done.

There is a bug we discovered that causes the popup to occur _way_ too much. It will be fixed in the next release (along with an option to just turn the popup off, but leave Context enabled).

But does this truly turn this off? I mean, will Evernote continue scanning my personal notes and linking them to public content services? If so, i'll downgrade to free. The context features is absolutely useless to me. I hate that development resources went to this feature. It's creepy. A real turn off.