Pasting Special Characters Flummox Evernote

byrontxr

Installed current Evernote 5.8 and was impressed with capabilities . . . until. Like Google, Evernote does not play well with MS-Word formatted text.

Installed Evernote on Windows 7/64 PC. Navigation and other factors seemed to work well. 

Decided to start by cutting and pasting items from a bulleted Word 2010 to-do list into Evernote notes.

On the first note, a popup appeared declaring the bullet symbol to be an invalid character. OK, went to remove the bullet or the note and . . . the program was hard locked. Unable to close the warning popup, the note, or even the program. Had to close the program with task manager. Restarted the program again, Cleared the bullet on the Word document and tried to paste it in again. Hard locked again.

One of the reasons for trying this was its purported ability to accept snippets from documents, web links or graphics.

Thank you.

• Level 5*

Evernote works OK with my MSOffice 2013 files and as I'm a premium user it also displays the contents inline when I attach a Word file to a note.  Bulleted and numbered lists and indenting in general are pretty weak areas for Evernote Windows though - Mac have a new editor which (we're told) gives greater control;  but it hasn't made it to Windows yet,  so simple layouts are best...

• Level 5*

Yeah, I've never seen it have that kind of problem pasting from Word, and I've definitely pasted bulleted lists before. It's possible it's something else as it occurred *without* the bullet, if I read the second attempt correctly...

Archived