Remove Shortcut box appearing way to the left in Windows

lisec

This isn't a huge issue at all, but I like to let Evernote know about all the little things as well as the big things.

I've submitted a ticket but of course they want me to update to v5.8.1.6061. I don't trust Evernote updates anymore (they don't say which features they remove or change), so I'm trying to avoid them.  If someone has that version, could you please test the following to see if it fixes this? At least I will be able to tell that the issue isn't resolved in the latest update.

I'm running 5.7.2.5753 (273753) on Windows.

When you have too many shortcuts in the toolbar you get the "more" drop-down. If you select that more button and then right-click on one of the "more" shortcuts to remove the shortcut from the list, the box you have click on to confirm the remove is displayed way to the left of the screen over the tree instead of way to the right where your list of shortcuts appears. Also, the shortcut is not removed unless you re-generate that box of shortcuts by hitting the "more" button again.

post-131873-0-99560300-1420140947_thumb.

• Level 5*

There's a View > Shortcuts option to show them in the toolbar or the side panel,  and a right-click on the toolbar option apparently to choose one or both.  If you add more shortcuts to the toolbar than the screen will support,  they wrap into the chevron menu as you describe.  But in my limited test I didn't get a 'remove shortcut' option at all...

If you're having trouble with screen capacity,  why not use note links as shortcuts - create a TOC note or copy links to a specific note that acts as your 'index' to other pages...

• Level 5*

This is not wholly fixed, if I understand the problem. If you try to remove a shortcut from the dropdown shortcut list, the "Remove shortcuts" prompt appears at the left of the display, although it appeared in the toolbar, not in the left panel.

gazumped, that's a good idea about creating a TOC with links. Unfortunately, almost all of my shortcuts are saved searches or shortcuts to tags, and as far as I know there is still no way to include that sort of thing as a link in a note.  

in my limited test I didn't get a 'remove shortcut' option at all...

Did you right-click on a shortcut? That should bring up the option to "remove from shortcuts" no matter where you choose to display them (toolbar or left panel)

Seems silly to provide so much detail for such a small cosmetic issue. My only excuse is that it is New Year's Day, I'm a bit hungover and can't bring myself to do anything else, and I'm trained to look for all these things (as a beta tester). So here you go (picture attached)  ;-)

post-131873-0-42045800-1420145976_thumb.

This is not wholly fixed, if I understand the problem. If you try to remove a shortcut from the dropdown shortcut list, the "Remove shortcuts" prompt appears at the left of the display, although it appeared in the toolbar, not in the left panel.

Jefito, yes, that is correct. The fly-out appears near the Left Panel as though the shortcuts were being displayed there, but the shorcuts are actually being displayed under the chevron (so way to the right of the screen).

Hmmn.  Yep;  see what you mean.  Right clicked over here and the 'remove' prompt is way over there...  Nope - not fixed.   :)

Ok, great. Thanks gazumped.  I'll be able to reply to my open ticket that upgrading will not help.

Archived