WHERE DID MY LOCAL NOTES GO?

wendyw

Idea

I just upgraded from the automatic prompt that there is a new version of Evernote.  Never had an issue before.  My local notebooks are GONE!  I can't find them the folders that are listed in some of the posts as to where my files are are not the same folder names that I have.  Yes, I back up, but not every day.  I have actually done quite a bit of work the past month in my local folders so my backup from a month ago, while, helpful still leaves me screwed!

Please tell me that this can be fixed. :angry:

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Windows here so not as knowledgeable on this one.  There are other threads on the forum relative to the new Mac release taking a while before all notes were available, don't know if that included Local notes though.  Hopefully a Mac user will read this and come to your aid.

I did restart my machine.  No luck.  Also downloaded and installed from the website just to make sure.  I've seen quite a few posts here about loss of local notes - starting from around November and some from December.  I am really, really feeling disappointed about this.

• Level 5*

There's apparently a problem switching between the Apple updates and the Evernote website - the databases are kept in a different location,  so when you switch,  the 'new' installation is looking in the wrong place for its data.  If you've normally been updating via the App Store I'd suggest you uninstall your current app and go install that version...  

I have installed both versions.  No luck.  The notebook/notes that have disappeared included a lot of pdf attachments (scans).  Is there any way to search for these attachments.  Ironic that I finally trusted Evernote enough to delete the attachments from their original location that I had added them into Evernote from.

• Level 5*

OK this is way more serious than the temporary data losses others have reported,  and I think you need to raise a support ticket and get the Evernote team on the case.  submit this report by choosing "login/account access issue" in the first dropdown after logging into this link > https://evernote.com/contact/support/

If you're a premium user (or are prepared to upgrade for a month to get access...) you will be able to use the Chat option to get more immediate attention,  though that will be weekdays,  PST.

Meantime you may want to look at those backups again.  I don't know if there's any way to track the location of the scanned files if Evernote won't list them...

Archived