Ctrl + Z command (undo) doesn't work with Evernote Web

I accidentally wiped out the text in one of my notes. I instantly pressed Ctrl + Z to undo but nothing happened. Because I'm not an Evernote Premium subscriber my note is now lost forever. And it was a fairly important one.

I'm going back to Google Keep, the risk of losing a major note (with unintentional key press) is far too high.

Hi Super Meat Boy.

Sorry to hear about this. We do support Ctrl+Z in both the Beta & current web client so it's not very clear how it did not work. Did a long time elapse before you tried to undo the action? Anything more you can tell us will help us better investigate the issue. But you are correct in that version history & recovery is supported as a premium feature. 

• Level 5*

@nanphan -- that raises a question I've had in the back of my mind: does Ctrl-Z/Undo stop working if there's been a sync since the original change(s)? That's relative to your "Did a long time elapse before you tried to undo the action?" question. Thanks.

• Like 2

Hi Super Meat Boy.

Sorry to hear about this. We do support Ctrl+Z in both the Beta & current web client so it's not very clear how it did not work. Did a long time elapse before you tried to undo the action? Anything more you can tell us will help us better investigate the issue. But you are correct in that version history & recovery is supported as a premium feature. 

As I've stated, I tried to undo instantly and several times. Less than a second I think.

I think Evernote locks some extremely important features behind a paywall. Not any form of note history for free?

As I've stated, I tried to undo instantly and several times. Less than a second I think.

I think Evernote locks some extremely important features behind a paywall. Not any form of note history for free?

Hi Super Meat Boy, we're going to try to see if we can help you recover what we can of your note. Please keep an eye out for someone from customer support reaching out to you soon. 

@nanphan -- that raises a question I've had in the back of my mind: does Ctrl-Z/Undo stop working if there's been a sync since the original change(s)? That's relative to your "Did a long time elapse before you tried to undo the action?" question. Thanks.

Jefito, syncing shouldn't affect Ctrl+Z. I asked about the elapsed time mainly because we wanted to make sure this issue wasn't masking as something else. We have seen some rare incidents where the note could not be saved due to other factors such as intermittent loss of internet etc. Usually you will see a warning message when this happens. We recently fixed these issues, but would like to make sure customers are still not running into ti. 

• Like 2

I used the "cut" command by accident. After that undo doesn't work.

Hi Super Meat Boy, 

Ctrl+Z should still work even if you do a Ctrl+X.  You can try this behavior today. If it doesn't work, can you let me know what browser and OS you are currently on? 

Nancy 

• 5 months later...

Guys, there is really something sick with the undo feature. After deleting part of note, Ctrl+Z (even not from the Menu - Edit - Undo) does not undelete it. It seems like it does not remember the previous text at all! Issue which prevents me from using Evernote. It is too dangerous. I am mentioning the PC client version 5.8.8.something

• 4 years later...

I had the same problemYou need to click the 3 dots that appear on the right side of the screen > select "Note width" switch from current view to the other option and then return to your preferred view again - this will fix the problem.

Evernote support is very serviceable but does not excel in their responsiveness nor providing solutions

Ctrl-Z not working makes me suspicious. Are you using a different keyboard layout to the physical keyboard? Evernote Web had a bug until a couple of months ago (on chrome) whereby the physical keyboard keys were used for shortcuts. Because I use dvorak keyboard layout this broke the majority of keyboard shortcuts. The bug has since been fixed on chrome, but if you're using another browser it's possible you're being served an earlier version of evernote web.