Notes that are emailed into Evernote do not include full pdf attachments

I have been sending emails into notebooks in my Evernote account and have recently noticed that pdf attachments to those emails often do not fully appear in the note that arrives in the notebook. Sometimes only the first page of the attachment appears, sometime more, but practically never the full attachment. I am using a pc running windows 8.1 and the emails come from MS Outlook 365. Can anyone help?

• Level 5*

Have you tried sending from any other email address?  I seem to remember that earlier versions of Outlook had some MIME encoding that caused issues with emails.  If you have a gmail account or some such,  test out another mail client.  And if you add these PDFs with drag n drop,  or an Import Folder,  do they appear in full? - I'm not clear yet whether this is an issue with Outllook,  PDFs,  your OS or your EN account...

• Level 5*

Sounds like the email address you're using objects to the number or the size of the PDF attachment.  If it won't work,  don't worry about it - but how big are your PDF files?   Can you add them to a note and successfully sync that note to Evernote's server?

pdf files are quite small, 2 pages only and I am not trying to send you an attachment. The first time I noticed I had a problem, the first, and only, page of the 2 page pdf that arrived had a line at the bottom which said missing viewer for a resource of type application/pdf

also, now that I am not being blocked, i can tell you that the drag n drop didn't add the second page of the pdf and that sending a different email from another pc produced the same result, only the 1st page of the 2 page pdf pdf arrived

Are you sure? I don't have the latest Windows client, but usually, only the first page is displayed. You have to hover over the top of the attachment to get the arrows to page through subsequent pages of the attachment.

If I then try and merge the 2 notes, I can indeed get a note which, after hovering, allows me to page through the whole thing, multipage pdf and all. But I can't drag n drop a pdf onto the note nor send an email with a multi page attachment and get the little hovering grafic which allows me to page thru. No grafic appears

• Level 5*

OK - I'm really not sure what's happening here,  but there seems to be something adrift with the way that new PDF attachments are handled.  I'd suggest that you backup your database carefully and then uninstall / restart / reinstall Evernote on your computer to check that everything has installed correctly..

You sound like EN support now with uninstall/reinstall :P

OK - I'm really not sure what's happening here,  but there seems to be something adrift with the way that new PDF attachments are handled.  I'd suggest that you backup your database carefully and then uninstall / restart / reinstall Evernote on your computer to check that everything has installed correctly..

Archived