Edit and Save Password Protected Excel File

Hi all,

I have seen various threads on editing files saved in evernote, but none answered my specific question.  I am trying to edit a password protected excel file saved in an Evernote note.  I have excel installed on client PC.  I enter password and the file opens.  I click on "Enable Editing" in Excel.  After I make a change, I save.  When I re-open file in Evernote, changes are not reflected.  Am I missing something basic? Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Edit: I think I need to use a sync solution such as dropbox.  For some reason I thought I wouldn't need to.  If I do not need to use a third party synching solution, that would be great.  Happy holidays, and thanks for reading!

• Level 5*

When you open a file attached to a note,  a temporary copy of the file is created in the Attachments folder for the convenience of the software that will be opening and displaying the file.  Once changes are made and saved back to the Attachments folder,  the note is updated.  Sounds liike your edited files aren't saving back to the right place...

Thanks gazumped.  I do have a question - I am using the web interface; I do not have the evernote client installed on my PC.  Could this be part of the problem?  I checked the file name and it is correct, but it looks like it is being saved to my PC's temp folder.  Sorry if I am being dense.

• Level 5*

Working with attachments is simpler if you use the client version.  Saving the spreadsheet on exit updates the note at that point.  If you are a free user, no extra cost and have more features available to you.  If premium, you get history which has saved me a few times when I have oops'd working on a spreadsheet.

Archived