Evernote Backup: Optimum way?

prodicus

Hi guys.

I will be formatting my Acer ultrabook running on windows7 and I was wondering what is the best way in which I can backup all my things.

I was reading this [1]Howtogeek article and I was wondering if 
Backing up my evernote database instead of exporting every single notebook will do the trick for me. 

I think I am being a little paranoid but I am not willing to take any chances should there be any problem when I try to sync the stuff in the servers to my laptop.

Any suggestions ?

[1](http://www.howtogeek.com/163349/how-to-backup-your-evernote-notebooks-just-in-case/)

• Level 5*

Since this is presumably an infrequent operation, I would do both; save the Evernote database and associated files *and* export all of your notebooks. Store them in a safe place, then do the format. The sync should restore everything properly, unless you have local notebooks (you'd need to import those back in).

• Level 5*

Just log into EN and your synced notebooks and notes will download from the server.  After that you can import your local notebooks from the ENEX files you exported.

• Level 5*

Late to the party (as usual) but I'm confused.  Exporting notes is one way to backup,  but in Windows all the data is held in one folder.  Backup that folder and you can (if necessary) restore Evernote to that exact status by simply replacing the existing folder (which you rename and save somewhere handy) with the restored backup folder.  If you have unsynced notes or local (unsyncable by definition) notebooks,  then you need to export and re-import when a new database has been downloaded from the server.  Replacing the folder however cures all ills.  It also includes your unsynced notes and local notebooks..

• Level 5*

Gaz,

In addition as a way to back up only local notebooks in case I need to do a restore, I use ENEX backups on all notebooks in case I delete any notes by accident.  

It is easier for me to import a notebook, find the note I want, move it, and then delete the imported notebook than swapping EXB files about.  I agree synced notes are backed up at EN, but if I delete one of those notes by accident, it isn't there any more either.  FWIW.

Archived