Join the #EverBetterChallenge and finish what you start in 2019. Read more... ×
slamont

other Ability to use physical keys for 2-factor authentication

Idea

Great that Evernote supports 2-factor authentication via Google authenticator.

What about support for the Fido U2F keys, such as from Yubico

Far more convenient way to get 2-factor authentication!

• Like 4

14 replies to this idea

Would be interested as well. 2FA with Yubikey is a great thing I would love to use also with Evernote.

I have been using 2FA from LastPass with Evernote (works great with pushes) and have been very happy with the configuration.  I have been reading a disturbing number of articles about people having their sim cards hijacked and have recently purchased a physical key (Google Titan).  As far as I know, this cannot be used with Evernote yet, but is that the final answer?  Does anyone know of a timeline when physical keys will be supported by Evernote?

• Like 1

@Jordan Thompson We don't have any specific plans to add physical key support at this time. However, from the information you provided, it seems like a good feature request. In this case, I'm going to move this thread to the feature requests section where other users can voice their feedback and vote. We'll use the accumulated feedback/votes in our review of possible future feature additions/changes.

Also, feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any other questions! 

I'm also interested in whether this is under consideration for Evernote.

I'm also interested in this one. We see the marketing going to this direction.

Github, Google and Dropbox already integrated.

• Like 1

I would like to see support for this feature, it would really make me consider go premium.

Also interested in this.  Does Evernote staff ever weigh in on these comments?  Is there somewhere else we can vote or suggest new ideas?

Moved to a voting area. Vote away...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, B10net said:

Where can i find the voting area.

Please provide a link. TYIA

These posts are now in the request forum.  
You can use the voting button in the top left corner of the discussion    Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 6.31.04 AM.png

On 10/1/2016 at 3:19 PM, Tiberius214 said:

I'm also interested in this. I would prefer U2F over an TOTP key from an authenticator app.

Me too, and U2F Keys cost about 8 Euro, other Yubikeys (FIDO2 etc.) about 60. I own one and would be glad, if Evernote added U2F.

U2F already supported by: Google, Facebook, Twitter, Dropbox, Bitwarden, LastPass, and more ...

See: http://www.dongleauth.info/

Evernote stands for security and has a lot of sensitive data stored. I'd appreciate if there is even further improvement by adding hardware authentication.

Thanks in advance! Michael

• Like 1