Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nik lauder

gmail contacts into evernote

I have connected my gmail account to my evernote account per the instructions found in this forum (conected services, etc.). "Connected" appears verifying the connection. However, when I open the email form, to share a note, I have to type in the full email address, including my own Evernote address. Somehow, the contacts are not linking to the evernote email form. What am I missing?

What version of Evernote are you using?  Web/ Desktop/ Mac/ Windows/ iOS/ Android...?

Hmmn.  Kind've why I asked the question.  EN Windows web version (and AFAIK the Mac one too) does supply email addresses from your linked Gmail addressbook;  the desktop won't.  Not sure how to kickstart the web version if that's not happening though - maybe break the connection,  exit Evernote,  reopen,  and re-connect...

My problem solved. Thank you for your help.

As you said, the gmail-evernote email link  does work in the web evernote. I was still on the desktop version when I thought I was on the web. 

Thank you again for your patience and your help.

Are there any plans to have this web capability extended to the desktop?  I use EN exclusively on desktop (PC) and iPhone/iPad.  To have this feature would be awesome when passing on notes.

Are there any plans to have this web capability extended to the desktop?  I use EN exclusively on desktop (PC) and iPhone/iPad.  To have this feature would be awesome when passing on notes.

Evernote are famously close-mouthed about their releases and future plans,  but you'd think this would be a no-brainer for the devs...