Evernote Backspace Deleting Notes

lykoz

Idea

Just a general observation....

I dont like that if the snippet pain is selected I can press Backspace to delete notes...

Sometimes I click the app... from the background... Think I am in "search" 

I press backspace a couple of times only to find i deleted 4 or 5 notes that I have to retrieve from trash... Sometimes I wont even notice...

Should be a bit harder to delete notes from snippet view... Backspace is too easy to accidently delete important notes...

Just my 2 c.

7 replies to this idea

Just happened to me. Two VERY important notes. How do I retrieve them? Searching...

This definitely should be looked at. Maybe an optional setting for confirmation when deleting notes? Maybe a setting to NOT let BS delete a note that way? Please...

Go to your Trash folder in "Notebooks" its at the bottom... Right click on those notes and click "restore selected notes"

It really is rediculous... I mean I often hold in backspace to delete some words or sentences... A couple of seconds, or some presses and 4-5 notes gone that I have to retrieve... Sometimes I might not even notice... And then I wonder where my notes went....

I think some people complaining about lost notes might just be expriencing this!!!! obviously a serious problem!!!... 

Also Trash notes dont show up in search... (which is good)

I think A LOT of the LOST NOTES ppl are complaining about are disappearing in this way....

Hey, thanks for that response. I had totally forgotten how Trash was handled in Evernote. NOT obvious. Wish an Undo was available for that move. I'm sure I'll do it again.

Cheers...

Haha I meant the fact that there is a problem is 'obvious'... Not that the problem we are experiencing is obvious :) a bit of double meaning there ;) will try edit it to be clearer.

TOP TOP TOP....

I see this issue coming up in multiple threads!!!!!

People are not realising THIS IS WHY SOME NOTES ARE DISAPPEARING!!!

They just think they are gone. When they can get them right back, and Evernote should fix this.

Archived