Evernote for Android v6.3 release

Theresa Pittappilly

Idea

Hello everyone

Yesterday we released a new version of the Android app. We have finally brought Context to the Android app for premium and business users. Now you can find related content below your notes to help you work better. Please let us know what you think! We have also improved business card scanning within the app. We have added glare and edge detection to help you take better pictures of your cards. In addition you now have the option to set your default notebook for these types of notes.

We have also made some miscellaneous improvements and fixed bugs based on your feedback. The main improvements were separating out view and sort options within the note list, as well as the ability to turn off educational tips. We also believe we have fixed the bug certain people were seeing around the loss of note content. If anyone continues to see that issue do let us know.

Thanks for all the feedback so far. Do let us know if you run into issues. 

21 replies to this idea

@jaffray sorry for the inconvenience. As part of our larger effort to update the editor we will make sure to update that pain point. 

Having issues backspacing check-boxes and backspacing to the previous line after removing the check-box using the checkbox button.

I've created a thread detailing my issue... If you could help it would be much appreciated.

What issues are you having? Is delete not working for check-boxes?

Hi. I use bullets a lot in my notes too.

Unfortunately, the formatting getting garbled between clients (device specific apps), has always been an issue. EN has been working on a more common text editor that works better on all clients. I believe Mac already has it, but there's been no word of it rolling out for the other clients yet, at least not that I've heard of.

I noted some comments previously re the formatting of bullets, etc.  I am noticing differences between the Android ver and Win Desktop ver with the formatting of bulleted lists.  I am using EN more and more for journals, etc. My Android phone is my usual input device but it does not have the same formatting structure and ease of formatting that the desktop version does.  Am I missing something?  Or are there plans to make the two platforms "match up" in terms of formatting, etc.?  Thanks.

• Level 5*

I think it's more that Android isn't yet compatible with the new notebook - the current Moleskine settings in EN Android are still basic.  Not sure what new features are on offer for iOS,  but they haven't made it to Android yet

• Level 5*

Hi.  Clearly Samsung support are not too clear on the nature of the word 'support'.  

If you have no other problems,  you may have to live with the display for a while until the next release - meantime please submit a bug report by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging into this link > https://evernote.com/contact/support/

I've recently bought a Samsung NotePRO 12.2 with Evernote preinstalled. After doing the most recent update some of the icons became letters. See the attached file. Has anyone else seen this happen? I would normally do a reinstall from scratch, but this is not possible for preinstalled apps on my tablet as far as I can tell. Samsung customer service says this is not their problem. Can somebody given me some advice?

post-245788-0-73251400-1421840032_thumb.

In Evernote for Android, you can't edit a note and have the toolbar collapsed without having the icon HIDE WHAT YOU'RE CURRENTLY WRITING.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s22/sh/958bfd72-8f10-4272-9dcb-6f8b6cb45406/6c1a4bdf68ad8089d59feb8ba1b37251

Hard to express just how annoying this is. I'm currently leaving the toolbar open, sacrificing precious vertical screen space, even though I never use the thing. Please give us the ability to disable this toolbar, rather than just collapse it to a button that obscures part of the most important line on the screen. Thanks.

Android tablet hasn't synced to pc since update. Is this just me or a more general fault?

Just you I think - haven't seen any other comments yet..  bear in mind your tablet doesn't sync directly to your PC,  it syncs to Evernote Web first,  then your PC syncs there to pick up latest changes.  Check online to see if changes on the tablet are being saved there - it could be your PC that's the problem...

After getting notes re problems with the network, it's finally just synced. Odd that, but welcome. Thanks for your help.

• Level 5*

Android tablet hasn't synced to pc since update. Is this just me or a more general fault?

Just you I think - haven't seen any other comments yet..  bear in mind your tablet doesn't sync directly to your PC,  it syncs to Evernote Web first,  then your PC syncs there to pick up latest changes.  Check online to see if changes on the tablet are being saved there - it could be your PC that's the problem...

I like the look of it, seems to be bringing some much needed previous functionality back. However this does not "yet" include the 'market' and 'explore evernote' buttons. Still can't find a way to disable these.

Other than that, I would love to see support for presentation mode (and possibly chromecast) come up sometime next year. There may be some other other features I've requested over the years (and which I would still love to see), but nevertheless I am quite impressed with the android app development.

Archived