Yosemite: Evernote Helper (auto)startup

Hi,

I can't turn on evernote helper (elephant in menubar) to autostart. I select option in preferences, but when I close the window and reopen it is again deselected.

Is it known problem?

I tried reinstalling app (using appcleaner to remove all related files), but without success.

Best regards,

Dawid

Same issue here.

Os x - 10.10.1

Evernote - 6.0.5 (From appstore)

I found in the web a trick for that: 

>>Finder >>Applications>>
>>*Right click on Evernote*>>
>>"Show Package Contents">>
>>Library>>Login Items>>
>>*Right click Evernote Helper*>>
>>Make Alias>>
>>Drag Alias to Applications>>
>>blackapple.png menu>>
>>System Preferences>>
>>Users & Groups>>Login Items>>

>>click +>>Add Evernote Helper Alias

Font: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1729944

It's a bit ugly, but solved the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem running  OS X 10.10.1 and Evernote 6.0.5.  It looks like there's a bug where Evernote doesn't save the change in the state of that option in the preferences file.

There's also a discussion of someone who has the opposite problem, where the preference to launch the helper is checked and even if they un-check it the preference isn't saved (https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/73566-evernote-helper-starts-at-login-and-i-cant-make-it-stop/).  Granted this is with an older version of Evernote and OS X, but this issue might have carried over to the latest versions of both platforms.

Hopefully it's a simple fix they can address in the next update.

• 1 month later...

Can confirm that this annoying bug still exists. Yosemite 10.10.3 and Evernote 6.0.6 (App Store)

Been eagerly awaiting a bug fix for some time now but have been disappointed in the seemingly sole work-around that Gilberto A. had posted

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know what's going on with the Evernote helper, honestly. Not only I had the problem described in the first post of this thread, but also I've lost some important information because the Evernote helper doesn't seem to save what I've written in my default notebook. And that seems like a very serious issue. 

Do the Evernote crew really pretend that we trust their app when our information is lost? And they want us to upgrade to a premium account just so we can contact the staff and tell them about all these bugs? HAHA.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same problem too.

Brand new MacBook Pro 15" - Yosemite 10.10.5

Evernote Version 6.1 (452118 App Store)

I was hoping the El Capitan upgrade might fix this. It did not. Same problem as before.

MacBook Pro 15" - El Capitan v10.11.1

Evernote Version 6.1.1 (452254 App Store)

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem too.

Brand new MacBook Pro 15" - Yosemite 10.10.5

Evernote Version 6.1 (452118 App Store)

I was hoping the El Capitan upgrade might fix this. It did not. Same problem as before.

MacBook Pro 15" - El Capitan v10.11.1

Evernote Version 6.1.1 (452254 App Store)

Still having the problem:

El Capitan 10.11.1

Evernote 6.2.1

Come on Evernote - give us a break!

• 2 weeks later...

After submitting a ticket, I got the following response, and it appears to have solved the problem!

To uninstall and reinstall Evernote for Mac using AppCleaner, follow these steps:

It is recommended to export all your local notebooks and unsynced notes as a backup because these have not been synced to our server, and will be unrecoverable after this procedure. To find out more about exporting notes form Evernote, 
  1. If Evernote is running, press 
    Command + Q
     to quit the Evernote application
Download App Cleaner from 
. Once downloaded, proceed to open App Cleaner. 
Open the Applications folder and drag Evernote to the App Cleaner window.
In App Cleaner, select 'Search' and then 'Delete'
Right-click (or 
Ctrl + Click
) on the Trash and select 
Empty Trash
Reboot your computer
Download and install Evernote for Mac from 
Drag the Evernote icon into your Applications folder
Open Evernote and login to your Evernote account. 

This process reinstalls the Evernote application on your Mac and also rebuilds the local database of notes and notebooks stored on your Mac using the information you have synched to your account at Evernote Web.

Same problem here. I'll check the box, restart, and helper will not initiate. Go back to preferences and box is unchecked. Same issue for a while now, multiple operating systems, after multiple rebuilds. Uninstalling and reinstalling app does nothing. Issue remains with Evernote. 

• 1 month later...

Archived