EN PREMIUM USER feature suggestion: EN Phone Dialer for iOS w/ presentation mode

adamdwright

Idea

Origin of idea: I was walking down the street earlier and was caught off guard by an unscheduled conference call.  (A major flaw I have is memory, which is why Evernote is such a huge part of my life.  That said, I was concerned I'd agree to doing something over the call, only to forget as soon as I hung up.)

It was a moment of frustration, as I thought, "I depend on EN to be my memory but I won't be able to use the app in this moment b/c I'm on my cell and my laptop is at home.  And the EN APP won't be easy to use while I'm on a call."  

Here's a solution:

Evernote can create an EN PHONE app to optionally replace the current default PHONE app on iPhone.  If you have no clue what I'm talking about here, this is an example app that replaces the default: https://www.humin.com/#/product

User will set EN PHONE as their default dialer.  Then, whenever someone calls them or whenever they call someone, they can record the call (or not).  Now that the work call they are on is being recorded, the user can press a DIVIDER button (think presentation mode dividers but for an audio note) to separate one topic of conversation from another.  This doesn't create multiple/separate audio files... it simply marks the timecode/spot/location in the saved audio file.  A separate and also cool feature would be the user being able to PRESS and HOLD a separate button within the dialer app to allow the user to NOT record non-work related parts of the call (the beginning when everyone engages in small talk).

Once your work call ends and you hang up, the audio file is saved to your Evernote and you can open the note and label the DIVIDER marks you placed during the call.  Would anyone use this or not so much?

3 replies to this idea

Archived