Assigning a tag to multiple notes

Ctrl-Alt-T is a hot key combination that brings up the tag assignment dialog on the PC, don't know the equivalent on the Mac.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't seem to help.  There is a hot-key combination on the Mac that will display all existing tags -- but doing so replaces the frame of selected notes with a new frame of the tags. If you select the notes first, the natural (preferred) thing to do is select the "edit Note Tags" command in the Note pull-down menu. But that command is grayed-out when multiple notes have been selected, and only seems to work on a single note at a time ...

Ed

Is it possible to assign a tag (or possibly several tags) to several notes in one fell swoop? Of course, it's easy and straightforward to select a whole bunch of notes ... but how do you then assign a tag to that selection?

Thanks!

Ed Yourdon

Hey Ed,

Once you have all of your notes selected, just add your tag in the area circled in the picture below!

Hope that helps!

~Bob

eDYUC.jpg

• 5 months later...

Interesting. I thought this feature was disabled under version 6. At least I can not get Evernote to select notes like this any more.

EDIT: I see now that I can get the selection like before if I select the correct view.

• 2 months later...

Well....I have selected multiple notes, I get the screen shown in Bob Loper's screen shot above, I add a tag where it says "Click to add tags"...and the tag is added to only the first note selected, not all of them.  This just screwed me up big time as I'm reorganizing a big section of my database and didn't notice this faulty behavior at first....grrrr.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it possible to assign a tag (or possibly several tags) to several notes in one fell swoop? Of course, it's easy and straightforward to select a whole bunch of notes ... but how do you then assign a tag to that selection?

Thanks!

Ed Yourdon

Hey Ed,

Once you have all of your notes selected, just add your tag in the area circled in the picture below!

Hope that helps!

~Bob

eDYUC.jpg

This worked for me!

• 9 months later...

Using Mac  Yosemite 10.10.5    EN 6.7.1    Trying to assign a tag to everything in a notebook.  Select them all by selecting one, then Cntrol-A ; 

I do not see the image above///////    

Aha!   I double-tapped ( = right click, I believe) the "TAGs "  on the Left side of the EN screen, which brought up a list of tags.  

Then I opened the notebook, selected all notes, and dragged them to the desired Tag.    

They all seem to have the Tag now

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, mhead110 said:

Using Mac  Yosemite 10.10.5    EN 6.7.1    Trying to assign a tag to everything in a notebook.  Select them all by selecting one, then Cntrol-A ; 

On the Mac its Command-A to select all the notes
This then displays the multi change menu

Screen Shot 2016-06-25 at 7.12.13 AM.png

• 1 year later...

Just looked this up myself...  the key thing is not to have the card view of notes as you can't do it then.  Change the view and its fine. (on Mac).  You'd think right clicking would give you the option in the card view - but it doesn't.

Archived