hide tags not in a specific notebook

• Level 5*

Can't help you there, but I suspect that the Mac doesn't support it either. My guess is that that UI was too confusing, at least in the left panel.

One exception to my previous statement: the Windows client does have an Assign Tags dialog which works on the current selection (e.g. notebook, if you're filtering on one of those), and there's a "Hide unassigned tags" checkbox that shows only the tags that are used by the selection.

• 4 months later...

One exception to my previous statement: the Windows client does have an Assign Tags dialog which works on the current selection (e.g. notebook, if you're filtering on one of those), and there's a "Hide unassigned tags" checkbox that shows only the tags that are used by the selection.

I really miss the "Hide Unassigned Tags" feature so thanks for this tip! It's helpful for me to make sure I don't have any "rogue" tags hiding out in notebooks where they don't belong. 

On desktop and or IOS can I show only tags that are associated with a particular

notebook?  

With some further research I see there is or was a "hide unassigned tags" feature.  Is it still around?

Yes... on both Mac and Windows desktop, when you're in a notebook context and/ or tag context, you can click on the tag icon in the note list toolbar and you'll see only the set of tags related to the context you're now in. That way you can drill down deeper into your tags, stripping away those without any relation to any context. 

I think the OP predates this new feature... 

* The great thing is that there's a drop-down notebook list right in the note list toolbar too... so one can shift to any notebook rather quickly and then tap on the tag icon to the right.

Archived