Mastodon: Email Newsletter Service Powered By Evernote

lindseycholmes

Hi Folks! Lindsey, your Small Business Ambassador/ Evernote Business Certified Consultant, here. I wanted to share my very first public Evernote application with you in hopes that it will bring ease and most importantly productivity to your email marketing/ sharing flows. Mastodon, is what Postach.io is to the blog - for email newsletters.
                                                                          u_mastodon02.jpg

With Mastodon sending newsletters complete with pictures and videos is as easy as a tag. Mastodon uses the best of Evernote’s robust text editor, drag n’ drop ease, the ability to add multimedia, public and private sharing features, and some killer integrations to not only make email creation effortless, but a seamless, productive and even automated experience alongside your everyday tasks.

How Does Mastodon Work?

The Email Newsletter
The newsletter is created entirely in an #Evernote note. Users are free to add photos, video or any other type of file that Evernote supports.
The List
Users easily import a CSV file or paste plain text contacts into their dashboard to make a list.
The Tag/ Sending Emails
Email sends are triggered via Evernote tag. The name of the list can serve as a tag or an alternative tag can be chosen). After creating the newsletter, a user simply adds the desired ‘list tag’ and ‘send.’
Tracking
Email opens and success rates are tracked in your Mastodon dashboard.

Please try out Mastodon and let me know what you think. I am seeking constructive feedback and feature suggestions. Want to learn more about my inspiration or get a recap of our launch at EC4? Please see our press release here.

Thanks so much for your support. Hope you Enjoy Mastodon as much as I do.
  • Level 5*

Hi Lindsey

I'm intrigued by the concept,  but a little dubious that I could create a professional-looking newsletter using Evernote's standard editor.  (I'm on Windows Desktop).  Do you have any example newsletters you could post here to give some idea of the quality it's possible to achieve?

Hi Gazumped! The app renders basic HTML templates. Right now wrappers in light and dark (black) and one minimal (a formatted email without a wrapper). I assure you that the email doesn't look like an Evernote note. I will be posting pics in the near future but in the meantime it is free to try. Thanks so much.

Hi Lindsey

I'm intrigued by the concept,  but a little dubious that I could create a professional-looking newsletter using Evernote's standard editor.  (I'm on Windows Desktop).  Do you have any example newsletters you could post here to give some idea of the quality it's possible to achieve?

• 4 months later...

Archived