Notebooks and Notes

I have set up Notebooks like "Business Cards" and "Dons Stuff" and "Clients". How come there is an area called "All Personal Notes" ?

All my notes show up in "All Personal Notes" as well as the Notebook I created to put specific notes in.  I would like not to see all the business cards, that's why I put them in a Notebook? Same with "Don's Stuff" I do not want to see all the notes in "Don's Stuff", yet all notes show up in  "All Personal notes", that is why I created a notebook---I think--to not see all notes?

Yet, Perhaps I do want all notes visible, and I am just not aware of that yet?

At this point. I am sure I am not understanding.

Thanks

I have set up Notebooks like "Business Cards" and "Dons Stuff" and "Clients". How come there is an area called "All Personal Notes" ?

All my notes show up in "All Personal Notes" as well as the Notebook I created to put specific notes in.  I would like not to see all the business cards, that's why I put them in a Notebook? Same with "Don's Stuff" I do not want to see all the notes in "Don's Stuff", yet all notes show up in  "All Personal notes", that is why I created a notebook---I think--to not see all notes?

Yet, Perhaps I do want all notes visible, and I am just not aware of that yet?

At this point. I am sure I am not understanding.

Thanks

"All notes" (it may be worded differently across the clients) is just that...all your notes.  Hence the name.

If you don't want to see all your notes, don't go into the "all notes" context. By that, I mean, move from one notebook to another. If it's really something you don't want to see - at least on desktop - you can right click on the icon in the Left Panel and remove it. My guess is that you'll find good use for the "all notes" context in due course. 

Also, keep in mind that the notes in your "all notes" context are not duplicates of the ones in any given notebook (or vice versa). It's really has more to do with the fantastic ability that Evernote has to search all notes globally via the search bar, or when you filter by tags.  In other words, the real power of Evernote lies in being able to search all your notes in your account. 

Archived