Managing Sharing Under Evernote 6.0

P-TAK14

Idea

I know that the new mac version of Evernote - 6.0, comes with some pretty significant changes - which is great and wonderful. However, I just wanted to point out that it appears to have lost the ability to manage sharing permissions like the old version did.

More specifically, I often share a class notebook for school with some buddies in the class, and then revoke the privileges once the term ends for my own safe keeping. As it stands, I need to open up the web version of evernote to do this.

Just wanted to point that out. Thanks

p.s. if there is a better place for me to post the occasional bug report, please let me know. 

6 replies to this idea

Right, of course. That's how I would go about doing it. However the menu item doesn't exist for notebooks that I started sharing before the update, and although the menu item does exists for notebooks that I started sharing since the update, after clicking "Manage Sharing" there is no option to remove folk who I am sharing with - only a publish public link option.

Thanks for the quick response. You're on the ball. ;)

• Level 5

That’s strange, I’m seeing the menu item for both previously shared and newly shared notebooks, and the sheet that comes down shows a list of people I’ve shared with, allowing me to stop sharing or change their permissions.

Questions to help me track this down:

- Are you a free, premium or business user?

- are you using 6.0 or 6.0.3?

- What OS version are you using?

I see that P-TAK14 didn't reply, but I'm having the same problem. I'm a Premium user of 6.0.5, running on Mac OS 10.8.5. I can't view or edit existing shared folder settings. All I seem to be able to do is to add another share.

Going to the browser version, I was able to find it although it's sure not as obvious as before. I clicked on a folder to select it. It says "Shared with 1 person" but I can't click on that. When I click on the "Share" button it allows me to add shares, but doesn't show who it's currently shared with. Finally I found the little info button in the upper right and clicked on that. It says "Sharing: Shared with 1 person" and has a "Modify Sharing" link. So then I have to click that. Wow that's a lot of clicks. I have new clients and this year and no longer have an intern, so I need to review all the folder sharing. I figured it would take about 10 minutes but it's looking more like an hour.

I hate to be a cynic but it feels as though Evernote is removing ease of use so that I'll be pushed to upgrade to a Business account. For a single freelancer that seems excessive.

Sorry about that - I guess this one got away from me.

I ended up using the web app to manage the sharing settings that I needed. It appears I still can't do it via the mac app.

Premium User

Mac OSX 10.10.1

Archived