riskfate

Evernote 6 Mac - search result sorting intermittent

I have my search results sorted by title.  Each note is prefixed by a date, e.g. [20141205].

After this upgrade - now EN 6.0.3 I have seen that the search results do not get refreshed as fast as previous versions.

Right now I have changed the date of a note, it should be resorted to the end of the search results.  After a few minutes, it is still sitting there, out of order.

Sometimes the re-sorting of notes happens almost immediately - almost like before, but not quite as quickly in my opinion.  Many times it can take quite a fe seconds before it re-sorts.  The delay of minutes is no unusual.

The same also happens if I change a tag that results in the note not meeting the search criteria.  Most times it will be removed, but sometimes it will linger.

The only workaround I have is to do another search and then go back to the original search.

Is this a known issue?

Ver 6+ now includes a "Sort Search Results by Relevance", which can be checked/unchecked in the View/Sort Button menu.

You might check to see if it is checked, and uncheck it to see if that helps.

Thanks for your reply Michael.

Sadly changing that option did not resolve my issue.  It seems that when it stalls it re-sorting this search results I can sometimes encourage it to do a re-sort by editing another note.  Though that can make it a little confusing.

Anyone else have this issue?

Yep, I just noticed the same behavior myself.  So it sure seems like some kind of bug to me.